1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 3, 2011 4:30 AM by taxman415 RSS

I didn't stay enough nights last year to retain my Gold status.  Will I be able to buy back Gold status for 2011?  How many points would it cost and when would that option be available?

lorraine Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I didn't stay enough nights last year to retain my Gold status. Will I be able to buy back Gold status for 2011? How many points would it cost and when would that option be available?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: I didn't stay enough nights last year to retain my Gold status.  Will I be able to buy back Gold status for 2011?  How many points would it cost and when would that option be available?
    taxman415 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    From the Insider's Lobby... Hope this helps.. Greetings, Insiders. I wanted to provide you with another exclusive, Insiders-first opportunity to learn that Elite Buy Back has returned for 2011! With this benefit, Marriott Rewards members are able to reinstate their Elite Level with points. As we value our Elite members, we understand that travel needs vary from year to year and that occasionally the required number of stays to maintain a given Elite status may not be met. We know how important Marriott Rewards benefits are, and that is why we are offering a limited-time opportunity for members to buy back their status for 2011 using points they may already have. The points needed are as follows: Points required to buy back Platinum status - 40,000 (a savings of 20,000 points) Points required to buy back Gold status - 25,000 (a savings of 15,000 points) Points required to buy back Silver status - 7,500 (a savings of 12,500 points) …and remember, if members do not have enough points available, they can always buy up to 50,000 points every year. This offer is valid through April 1, 2011 and allows only one level of buyback, which must match the Elite level the member enjoyed in 2010. Once the status has been reinstated, Marriott Rewards will send a new valid membership card for the restored Elite level. There are Two Ways to Buy Back Elite Status 1. Simply call Guest Services at 1-800-321-7396 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada), or 2. Email us at Marriott Rewards with your information. If emailing us, include your name and Rewards number, then copy (or cut-and-paste) one of the three options below: Switch my Elite status from Gold to Platinum status for 40,000 points or Switch my Elite status from Silver to Gold status for 25,000 points or Switch my Elite status from Basic to Silver status for 7,500 points For more information and details, feel free to visit this page. We hope those of you that have been interested in this opportunity have the chance to take advantage! Regards, Andrew

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...