8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 9:52 PM by webbcw RSS

how many rooms do i get credit for under one reward number if i have multiple rooms

chadnash Member
Currently Being Moderated

how many rooms do i get credit for under one reward number

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: how many rooms do i get credit for under one reward number if i have multiple rooms
    cmed2c2 Platinum

I would love to find out where pingreeman found his info.

We reserved three rooms last summer in Aruba in our name,  took family with us in the other two rooms and paid for all three rooms with our Marriott Visa card.  We only received stay credit for one of the rooms or 7 nights and have been asking why eversince.

If anyone has any more info, please contribute.

Thanks

Dick.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: how many rooms do i get credit for under one reward number if i have multiple rooms
    fitzit Platinum

I regularly book up to three rooms and have almost never been denied the stays or the points. However, it is good to know the policy, I won't ever book 5 rooms under one MR number for business. 

Three issues do pop up though:

1) I have had the entire folio compressed, resulting in getting full points for all rooms paid, but not getting credit for each individual room night as a night stayed. This happened last week, full points for amount paid on 2 rooms, but only 1 night credited. 2 rooms in 1 night in Kearney NE, a REAL Garden spot let me tell you.

2) I checked into Ritz Carlton Atlanta for a 3 day stay with my Daughter and friends, I had an emergency and flew out to Los Angeles, where I booked into another property. So 3 rooms in two properties. I was denied the nights stayed for the LA property, as the system can not reward you for being in two places at once. I cried foul and got no satisfaction, as soon as my daughter checked out, I started getting credit for the rooms/nights in LA.

3) Some desks have told me no points/no nights when booked under an MMF rate, and that is against MR policy.

I still say that is bogus. A night paid, is a night stayed. While my P status is already good till January 2013, due to a promotion, I am 10 nights short of 75 nights in 2011, so yes, that 1 or 2 nights would matter to me.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This is very good to know!

Had no idea, but with the upcoming meetings, will just "Split", the six rooms with another Platinum Member.

• how many rooms do i get credit for under one reward number if i have multiple rooms
    fitzit Platinum

Here I go with the mixed messages from MR again. So I called the 801 MR number to ask again about the policy here, this MR agent told me ;

"You will be credited your points on all three rooms, but you only get nights for your personal room."

Now I don't want to cost myself nights that may reward me in a MB program, but this is clearly something that is being decided at the hotel. As on a run of 4 nights with 4 hotels, 2 rooms each night, I received 7 nights credit. All the points are correct, but the nights are wonk. Per the policy, today anyway, I should have 4 nights. I would call it 8, and seemingly 3 out of 4 hotels agreed with me.

I understand that the agent is telling me that this is based on personal nights. Well let me tell you, an extra room for my driver might not be personal, but an extra room for my three under 10 kids, is!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...