Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2011 3:50 PM by rufrt12 RSS

Does anyone know what happened to the offer that was supposed to begin in February to earn 50,000 points, but which did not allow one to sign on for the offer when it appeared?

seattlelars Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know what happened to the offer that was supposed to begin in February to earn 50,000 points, but which did not allow one to sign on for the offer when it appeared?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Does anyone know what happened to the offer that was supposed to begin in February to earn 50,000 points, but which did not allow one to sign on for the offer when it appeared?
    traveler2 Platinum
    It starts Feb 1. I didn't see it on the web site either. Give them a call, they'll get you signed up for it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Does anyone know what happened to the offer that was supposed to begin in February to earn 50,000 points, but which did not allow one to sign on for the offer when it appeared?
    janedoe Platinum
    What is the criteria for this promotion? Do you have to have a minimum number of stays, pay with Amex, etc...?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    It's still there under Promotion Central. I was automatically registered shortly after it was announced. Call Marriott Rewards...they'll fix it for you.

traveler2 Platinum
    As I recall there is only a minimum amount of nights. Someone else posted that it was not a B of A connection on this one.

blava007 Platinum
    https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=MS11 Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights. Earn an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights (for a maximum of 50,000 points). See Details You should never give up on your dreams. So to help you make your travel dreams a reality, Marriott Rewards® is once again offering our popular MegaBonus® promotion. Here's all you have to do to participate and to get once step closer to the vacation you've always wanted: Register by selecting the "Register" button or by calling 888-MARRIOTT by March 31, 2011. Stay at any of more than 3,300 participating hotels between February 1, 2011 and April 30, 2011. Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points!

rufrt12 Platinum
    There are actually two types of Megabonuses which begins on February 1 and end on April 30. However, you can only sign up to only one. The two are: 1. Earn up to 2 free nights at a category 1-4 hotel. You earn each night when you complete your second paid stay, that is, to get the 2 nights, you need four separate paid stays. 2. Earn 35000 points for the first 20 paid stays and an additional 15000 if you make it to 25 nights for a grand total of 50000 points. Both of these options have their advantages/disadvantages. An advantage of the first proposal is that you can earn free nights with fewer paid nights. However, the disadvantage is that the certificates are only good for category 1-4 and in addition, the certificates expire 6 months after being issues, that is, sometime end of September of 2011. Note that reward of a category 4 hotel is worth 20000 points, which means that the equivalent worth of these two certificates is up to 40000 points. It would be interesting to know how many of these certificates expire and are never used up by all members. From my personal experience, I would guess that a lot of these certificates will never be used within the first 6 months and will thus expire. The second option is a bit more interesting. Note that the first 35000 points is less than 2 free nights at a category 4 hotel (i.e., 40000 points). A major advantage of this option is that the points you can earn (up to 50000) go to directly to your account and you can use them whenever you want. Note that if you make it to 50000 points, this is the equivalent of two free nights at a category 5 hotel. Earning points this way is way more flexible. However, you need to make sure that you will be traveling a lot to reach these levels, so basically, reaching the 25 paid nights is the hardest thing. When I signed up, I only had the option of signing up for the first option. In a respect, I did not like it since though the first option is the easiest to attain, it is at the end the least flexible since you are pigeonholed to a category 1-4 hotel. So basically if you want to stay at a 5 or higher, the certificates are useless and of course, they will expire in 6 months. However, I also heard of this 50000 option which is more interesting to me. So basically I called the Marriott platinum line today (10 March) and asked them what was the deal with these two options. They told me that some clients were given the choice of one and some other ones were given the choice of the other. I asked whether I could get the second option, that is, the one with 50000 points. The representative told me that she could do that and asked me whether I was sure whether I could make the 25 nights. I told her I could, so she manually changed the option to the first one and deducted the free night certificates. The only disadvantage was that she told me that I could not follow the progress of the promotion on line since this was done manually and that the points would be issued on 15 May and that she would have to manually do this on this date.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...