5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2011 12:52 PM by Guest RSS

Is there any additional benefit to being Platinum Elite as opposed to Platinum.   If there is I haven't seen any but Marriott seems to think so.

Currently Being Moderated
Is there any additional benefit to being Platinum Elite as opposed to Platinum. If there is I haven't seen any but Marriott seems to think so.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Is there any additional benefit to being Platinum Elite as opposed to Platinum.   If there is I haven't seen any but Marriott seems to think so.
    mojoho Platinum
    Do you mean Platinum Premier as opposed to just Platinum Elite? As far as I know, Platinum Premier members do get some added benefits. They are supposed to receive 20% off all food and beverage purchases made at the hotel. In addition, they are also entitled to free golf club rental. Aside from that, I have heard mixed stories of some PP members getting better upgrades.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Is there any additional benefit to being Platinum Elite as opposed to Platinum.   If there is I haven't seen any but Marriott seems to think so.
    Yes, Platinum Premier. I haven't seen one difference at all and I have been Platinum Premier Elite for a couple years now. This issue came up when I saw my rollover nights and they said they use 100 nights as a starting point and anything over that is carried over until the next year. I asked where they got the 100 night starting point and they said that is the Platinum Premier level which isn't even listed anywhere. When I inquired about what extra benefits the Platinum Premiers get as opposed to a Platinum they couldn't tell me any difference. I think that since the only levels listed has Platinum at 75 nights as the top level then the rollover nights should start at 75 nights instead of 100. If they are going to have an unpublished Platinum Premier level then there should be some benefit to it and not just a "brag tag".

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews
    PP is not a brag tag nor does it carry a raft of additional perks. What is does do, however, is identify the top 3% of Marriott's customers in terms of the Mariott business they generate. This carries with it "unwritten" recognition that gets the attention of Marriott GMs and most front desk folks (the ones who are appropriately trained). For me, this has been very helpful, especially when problems arise.

bostonsports Platinum
    I have been a PP for two years and have seen no difference from Platinum. Every time I'm thanked for being a Platinum member I tell them I'm a Platinum Premier and they just give me a blank look. When I took out the card they told me that additional upgrades and perks come with the card and I've seen nothing. Marriott needs to address this issue.

I agree with bostonsp. I haven't seen or received anything additional at all. I get upgrades at the same hotels all the time and not at the others. The only place I have ever been treated very well are at the hotels in Asia where they go over the top to give me upgrades, gifts, etc. In the USA there is nothing special and I see zero difference from when I was a gold years ago. I stayed at the Marriott in Tomorrow Square in Shanghai and they put me in the top floor which is one big room with windows in all corners of the room with amazing views. The top floor is built like a pyramid. Another time when I was in Moscow they gave me a room two floors high, caviar, Russian Vodka (the good stuff), and tons of snacks. In the USA I get a thanks for being Platinum Premier, here's your key and the elevator is on the left. Sad.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...