7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2011 2:11 PM by stevebepko RSS

Help Needed - Rollover Nights

ajv1976 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Help Needed - Rollover Nights - In 2010, I stayed 142 nights at Marriott as a Platinum in '10. Saw this morning I am now Platinum Premier for '11 but it looks like only 42 nights rolled into 2011 instead of the 67 I was expecting, can someone explain? Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Help Needed - Rollover Nights
    taxman415 Platinum
    Premier's rollover base is 100 nights rather than the 75 for base platinums...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

duaner Platinum 2 Reviews
    I have had a similar experience. Is it possible that the rollover nights from 2009 were subtracted from 2010 before the rolloever nights for 2011 were posted?

taxman415 Platinum
    DuaneR... Looks like based on the roll of my account that all nights (bonus, $3k Visa) except those rollover nights from the prior year are rolling over...

december31 Gold
    I also need help in understanding how the rollover nights work. I called customer service but still don't get it. I thought the 2009 nights that rolled over into 2010 were supposed to help you reach the next level and that once you reached the level with those nights any nights beyond would rollover to 2011. However, it seems they deduct the rollover nights before coming to a final count for 2010, so you really don't get any benefit from rollover nights. It seems to me that rollover nights aren't really credited to you if they are deducted at the end of the year to determine the following year's rollover nights.

hhb_dk Platinum
    I had the same experienced. I had 69 Elite Nights as of 12-31-2010. Which contained of Rollover nights, Rewarding events, Promotional and Nights Stayed in 2010. I have just been informed that if I did not only nights stayed in excess of my member status was rollover to 2011. As I did not stayed 50 Nights all "Elite Nights" in excess of 50 Nights (Gold Member) was lost. Very dissappointed. Hans

sonotraveler Platinum
    check out the response I got from them on this subject. As I was elevated to Platinum Premier (and I have yet to see any benefit in that) I lost ALL of my rollover nights. I have had 53 "Extra Nights" in the past 2 years. It's obvious to me that when I hit 75 nights this year, I will take my business to Hilton (who has already started me at their Gold Level). HERE'S THEIR RESPONSE, " Introduced in 2009, Marriott Rewards Elite Rollover Nights is a first-of-its-kind program that allows you to carry forward additional nights to the next year. After a member has earned enough qualifying nights to earn or renew an Elite status in 2010, all additional nights will be applied to 2011. For example, Platinum Elite members that earned 85 nights in 2010 will have 10 nights applied to their Elite night count for 2011. This means they will only need to earn an additional 65 nights during 2011 to renew for the following year. Please note, Platinum Premier members must meet the 100 Elite night requirement. Please note, only earned Elite nights qualify for the Elite Rollover. Elite Nights Rolled Over from the previous year are not included in the earned Elite night total used to calculate Elite Rollover Nights. Your account shows that you have 128 Elite nights for 2010. You rolled over 40 Elite nights from 2009 / 2010. So for 2011 you rolled over 0 Elite nights." Really shoddy treatment of one of their better customers......

stevebepko Platinum 1 Reviews
    Just called the Rewards line, I am in the same position. Don't sweat it- yet. From what the rep on the other end of the phone was told, it seems that the 2010 "rollover" nights will get credited at the end of Jan 2011. The number of "nights this year credited" you see on your account right now is probably meaningless. I had 57 nights rolled over from 2009 into 2010. In addition I stayed about 120 "real" nights, for an end-of-year total of 177 or thereabouts. So what I THINK is being said is that only "real" nights roll over. For me that would mean I'm still Platinum Premier in 2011 (Duh-uh), and MAYBE still Platinum in 2012 (at least, that's what the rep implied). We shall see.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...