8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2011 5:03 PM by dreamangel007 RSS

Can I use one of my free nights to give as a gift?

gfligg Silver
Currently Being Moderated
Can I use one of my free nights to give as a gift?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Can I use one of my free nights to give as a gift?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Yes. Call the reservations number on the back of your MR card and they'll fix you up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mannyfizzle Silver 2 Reviews
    Sorry but no you can't. I'm a "read the fine print" type of guy and free nights are for you only. They can not be transferred or given as gifts. But hey at least you a free night!!! :) ..................... I just read the Terms and Conditions (again) from a promo I participated in and I copied and pasted this phrase; (An earned free night award will be added to the member's account within 3-5 business days after the second qualifying stay. Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift. This offer is not transferable). I'm not sure if your free nights are from another promo?

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews
    As NUHUSKER mentioned, yes you can use your points to gift a night. I've done this on several occassions and it has been very easy to execute. Call the reservations number on the back of your MR card. They can help you place the reservation so that everything is in order when your receipent/guest arrives at the hotel.

• Re: A: Can I use one of my free nights to give as a gift?
      mickey13mickey Platinum

I have in the past given "free night" "free entree" coupons to friends and business associates.  But.....

I was told by the "platinum elite telephone line" that the "free night" and "free entree" coupons would not be coming out until March 2012. Upon hearing this news I cancelled all my weekend reservations for the rest of the year.  I am "heartbroken".  And I'm making reservations for my husband's next vacation at another hotel chain.  I have been devotedly using Marriott hotels exclusively for at last 6 years. So,this is significant and very very very very sad.  I am hoping they will change their minds when they see how we have stopped using their hotels.

• Re: A: Can I use one of my free nights to give as a gift?
      michael77 Platinum

I have never had a problem using my points and making the reservation in someone else name. I do it through the reservation line

• Re: Can I use one of my free nights to give as a gift?
    fhllast4ever Platinum

No, If you are gifting a free night from promotions like the megabonus and free night from your Marriott Visa card (annual reward). 

That's my understanding from MR guest Services Office.

Yes, I think you can gift a night/nights from accumulated points.

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews

Agreed... you can gift points equal to a free night, but you can not use your Marriott Visa card annual free night for a guest... those certificates for a free night can only be used by myself.  Guessing the same applies if you get free nights from the MegaBonus.

Thought I'd try using the cert with an expiration date rather than reach into my bucket of points.

dreamangel007 Gold 4 Reviews

I have a promotional night that I'd like to let my husband use, but I'm too scared to try and him get there and have problems checking in.  Seems crazy to me not to let spouses use, it being the same household.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...