1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 13, 2010 11:17 AM by countryjim RSS

Last April we were told a new program was coming out wherein we would be able to exchange within the Marriott community without going through Interval International.  We haven't heard a word since then.  What happened?

ostre1 Member
Currently Being Moderated
Lat April we were told a new program was coming out wherein we would be able to exchange within the Marriott community without going through Interval International. We haven't heard a word since then. What happened?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: A: A: A: A: Last April we were told a new program was coming out wherein we would be able to exchange within the Marriott community without going through Interval International.  We haven't heard a word since then.  What happened?
    countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated
    If you are talking about Marriott Vacation Club Resorts (Marriott timeshares), you need to go to myvacationclub.com - then look at the new "Destinations" option. "Destinations" allows trading within Marriott VCI resorts using point equivalents. In order to do this, your owned resort weeks first need to be "enrolled" in that new program before you can do "trading" using Destinations points (not to be confused with Marriott Rewards points). However, there is a caveat in this: Enrollment in Destinations requires an up-front enrollment fee and an annual membership fee. On the other hand, enrollment in Destinations does include a special Inrterval International membership which is inclusive of most all additional II fees. e.g., the annual Destinations fee includes unlimited II trades using weeks or points with NO II transaction (exchange) fees. I have enrolled my 5 MVCI weeks in Destinations (even though I anticipate only week-for-week trading) because I will save overall due to no further "exchange" fees. Bottom line: unless you trade privately or use an outside organization (such as redweek.com) to carry out a "trade", it is difficult to avoid II.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...