2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2010 12:28 AM by zukracer RSS

Please explain Premiere Platinum?  What is the qualification requirements and what are the benefits?  I am a Platinum member and I am wondering if I should shoot for this level or get my Hilton level higher.

eberg8132 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Please explain Premiere Platinum? What is the qualification requirements and what are the benefits? I am a Platinum member and I am wondering if I should shoot for this level or get my Hilton level higher.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Please explain Premiere Platinum?  What is the qualification requirements and what are the benefits?  I am a Platinum member and I am wondering if I should shoot for this level or get my Hilton level higher.
    jobyatlanta Platinum
    When I was PP it was the top 3% of Platinum. The down side is there are so few that not all front desk clerks pick up on the abbreviation...It got to the point that they had to call ahead on every stay. No great improvement over Platinum if you ask me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Please explain Premiere Platinum?  What is the qualification requirements and what are the benefits?  I am a Platinum member and I am wondering if I should shoot for this level or get my Hilton level higher.
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    There is no listed set of requirements for premier, its given to the top 2-3% of all MR members. There's many a post in the forums section but from what most folks have said you will be somewhere north of 130nights for a few years to get considered, mix in the cost of your stays, some other bits and yet other things. Officially the difference is that you are supposed to be upgraded to the best room available, though there's a list of exclusions including suites and certain property types (vacation clubs for one). Now best room available could be a view instead of no view, all depends on the hotel and as with most everything your results may and will vary from others. Beyond that its up to the hotel as to what they provide you as PP over standard plat. Some hotels comp things and go way above and beyond to welcome premiers while others seemingly could care less for any status. I guess the better question is where are your dollars/nights going to get you the best reward. Premier is not a sure thing but its nice if you can get it. If you spent more time with Hilton does that really get you anything better/different? Points, promos, where you want to use your points, whats easiest/best for work, etc all play into it. Also keep in mind that while you may/may not get premier Marriott is doing roll over nights again, so anything over 75 is bonus for next year's status here vs possibly having to re-qualify with two chains all over again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...