2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2010 1:08 PM by countryjim RSS

Can I bring a pet to a no pet facility if I'm a Platinum member?

platinumpet Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Can I bring a pet to a no pet facility if I'm a Platinum member? I want to take an impromptu week-end trip with my spouse but we don't have pet arrangements. As a Platinum member can I keep a 6 lbs Yorkie in my room?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Can I bring a pet to a no pet facility if I'm a Platinum member?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    Probably not, though I sympathize. Some Residence Inns will allow pets in return for a deposit and fee, but most will only allow service animals. It also may depend on where you're going. In Europe, despite official policies, you MIGHT be able to convince the hotel management itself to allow pets -- Europeans take their pets with them most places, which helped loosen the American airlines' restrictions on cabin pets a couple of decades ago. Good luck! ProfChiara PS -- If you have a property in mind, it might be worth making a call.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: A: A: Can I bring a pet to a no pet facility if I'm a Platinum member?
    countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews
    Every property has different guidelines - you need to call ahead. All hotels permit certified service animals. However, hotels catering to the business traveller usually do not allow pets ----- I have occasionally been awake all night due to barking dogs in "pet friendly" hotels --- some of them Marriott brands. However, resort hotels will often allow pets but usually subject to a "pet surcharge" for every stay and - if your pet messes up the room - a significant "room recovery" fee. The idea is that hotels are intended to be "people-friendly" and not serve as substitutes for kennels.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...