2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2010 6:16 PM by profchiara RSS

How far back will Mariott credit prior stays?

hotelwanderer Silver
Currently Being Moderated

How far back will Mariott credit prior stays? I've been a member for years, didn't always have my card with me. Online only shows stays (points?) from this year. Also, will they credit stays from before I signed up? How far back will they retroactively credit those stays?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: How far back will Mariott credit prior stays?
    countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews
    In my experience, MR has been flexible in crediting former uncredited stays IF I have copies of the related folios (hotel bills) even if I forgot to give the hotel my MR number.. As to retroactive credit for stays prior to your MR membership, you can always as the MR desk. BTW, lifetime nights stayed is on the Rewards Activity page - click on the plus sign (+)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: How far back will Mariott credit prior stays?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    I would suggest you call Marriott directly about any stays prior to this year. For this year, if you booked on the website, your stays should be credited. You don't need your card, but you need your membership number on record with the hotel, which should always happen (if you log in) online. If you call to book, make sure to give them your Marriott number asap -- don't let the call finish before you have a chance. I suspect that stays prior to this year will -- if credited at all -- require documentation from the hotels. I would suggest calling Marriott, saying you have such documentation, and asking where to fax them. Now here's another hitch. Everytime I've had to call about a noncredited stay, the agent has told me to fax it marked "Urgent" to that particular person. Usually, but not always, it gets fixed. That's probably the fastest way but you could also mail copies with a cover letter asking that these stays be credited. ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...