3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2010 9:58 AM by NathalieF RSS

I am getting a divorce and all our points have accrued to his account.  Can he just transfer 1/2 to me?

kristen Member
Currently Being Moderated

I am getting a divorce and all our points have accrued to his account. Can he just transfer 1/2 to me?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Oregon, USA
  • A: I am getting a divorce and all our points have accrued to his account.  Can he just transfer 1/2 to me?
    kahunapremier Platinum
    Sorry to hear about your divorce, but I do hope the best for you and him. Tough situation no matter how things go. I would begin documentation of when you started putting into the system and looking at YOUR receipts (for YOUR stays) and then get a hold of Marriott Rewards. Start building a case of what is truly yours (where you paid with your card,etc).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: I am getting a divorce and all our points have accrued to his account.  Can he just transfer 1/2 to me?
    seadude Platinum
    You can transfer points but will have to pay a fee - perhaps if you speak to someone at Marriott rewards and explain the situaiton they will waive or reduce

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Good Morning, all. I thought it would be worthwhile to provide some clarity to this particular issue. After getting in touch with Customer Care, I received the following information. "Marriott Rewards accounts can only be set up as an Individual account, and can only earn under stays that were earned in that individual's name. Legally the points would be owned by the person who's name is on the account. If one party wants to transfer points to another, one can but only at the time of requesting a reward. Marriott Rewards cannot transfer more points than what that particular reward is worth. Example: If you were to order a 20K point reward, Marriott Rewards could transfer up to 20k into an account. In order to perform a point transfer an affidavit has to signed by both parties." It may be best to contact Marriott Rewards Customer Care directly to find out your options. I hope this information is helpful. Regards, Andrew

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...