2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2010 2:22 PM by ricoviaje RSS

Are Platinum Elite members permitted later checkout times than other membership levels?

wingedtraveler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Are Platinum Elite members permitted later checkout times than other membership levels? I am often leaving on international flights departing at 9 PM from the Philadelphia International airport but 2 PM is the latest checkout time I am allowed without an additional charge. It seems that this is also given to any guest that asks for a late checkout. I don't see the Elite benefit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • A: Are Platinum Elite members permitted later checkout times than other membership levels?
    kahunapremier Platinum
    I have been able to have an early check in than other quests and levels and a late check out as well, and haven't paid a room. Each and every circumstance has been different in all cases, typically working odd hours based on the work I do for my customers. Basically comes down to this: communicate either to the Manager or higher your circumstances and they are graciously accepted.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Are Platinum Elite members permitted later checkout times than other membership levels?
    ricoviaje Platinum
    It has been consistent for me over the years and generally easy. I have been allowed late check out untill 4:00 pm and have checked in as early as 7:00 am. Normally, the properties have been accomodating without any front desk attitude. A couple of times I was told that 4 was too late and was made to feel like it was a major inconvenience for them. Once I was told a flat no because they had a full house, I said what does that have to do with me needing the room for an extra two hours? The GM apologized yet re-stated the full house line. But in the end, my needs have been accomodated.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...