2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2010 4:02 PM by countryjim RSS

I am going to stay at  Marriott Vacation Club resorts in Palm Desert and Phoenix.  I am wondering if I get nights stay credits and reward points.  The rooms were booked thru Interval International.  Thanks.

jymbo18905 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am going to stay at Marriott Vacation Club resorts in Palm Desert and Phoenix. I am wondering if I get nights stay credits and reward points. The rooms were booked thru Interval International. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: A: I am going to stay at  Marriott Vacation Club resorts in Palm Desert and Phoenix.  I am wondering if I get nights stay credits and reward points.  The rooms were booked thru Interval International.  Thanks.
    klaus29 Silver
    NO YOU DONT GET POINTS FOR A EXCHANGE OU A GATEWAYS FROM INTERVAL INTERNATIONAL YOU WILL GET EQN NIGHTS FOR YOUR ACCOUNT

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: A: A: A: A: I am going to stay at  Marriott Vacation Club resorts in Palm Desert and Phoenix.  I am wondering if I get nights stay credits and reward points.  The rooms were booked thru Interval International.  Thanks.
    countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews
    Klaus is correct presuming that your reservations were exchanges. On the other hand, if you are paying the nightly rate for your villa rather than exchanging, you will receive MR points for room charges if your MR number is on your folio. Regardless how you arranged for your villa, you will receive MR points for any "incidentals" charged to your folio - again, if your MR number is on your folio. I am a two-week owner at Desert Springs Villas at Palm Desert --- and always receive MR points for all incidentals charged to my folio --- such as restaurants at the Villas and at the adjacent JW Marriott Hotel, tennis court time, golf green fees, etc. FYI, you can have your MR number added to your villa reservation by Marriott reservations or by calling the resort itself or just presenting your MR card to the front desk at checkin. I have been told that telephone reservation agents are no longer allowed to add MR numbers to MORI (timeshare resort) reservations. However, if that is the reply you receive, call the resort and ask the agent there to add your MR number to your exchange reservation. Your Marriott 8-digit confirmation number for your exchange (not to be confused with the Interval International exchange confirmation number) is found on the exchange confirmation form you received from Interval International. One benefit of adding your MR number to confirmed II exchanges is that those reservations will then show up on the Marriott.com website with all of your current hotel reservations. FYI, there are four Marriott timeshare resorts at Palm Desert: Desert Springs Villas I, Desert Springs Villas II, Shadow Ridge, and Shadow Ridge Enclaves. If you are staying at Villas I or II, you can charge meals and all other incidentals at the JW Marriott Hotel next door. That may also be possible if you are staying at one of the Shadow Ridge resorts, but you should ask about that if it interests you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...