2 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2010 4:09 AM by nomadictravele RSS

i have recommended & am booking a room at Marriot for a friend using my credit card---can i get Marriot rewards points?Thank you for your time

azzah775 Silver
Currently Being Moderated
i have recommended & am booking a room at Marriot for my friends using my credit card ,but i will not be with them during their stay at the hotel---can i get Marriot rewards points?Thank you for your time

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: i have recommended & am booking a room at Marriot for a friend using my credit card---can i get Marriot rewards points?Thank you for your time
    averagejoe40 Platinum
    The answer Marriott will give you is a flat no! However, it is really up to the individual checking your friend in whether or not they will allow you to receive the points. Marriott takes this very seriously, as I had a call from Marriott corporate once to discuss a situation very similar to yours. I had booked a room for myself and then I also booked a room in another city for the same night for a friend of mine. They originally credited my account with both nights, but then someone in corporate figured out I couldn't be in two cities in the same night. They called and had a few words with me and let me know this was against their bylaws. Ended up taking the points away from me...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: i have recommended & am booking a room at Marriot for a friend using my credit card---can i get Marriot rewards points?Thank you for your time
    nomadictravele Gold
    yes. i have done it in the pass. if you pay with your credit you can get all the points plus arrive bonus point (if you tell your friend to instruct hotel) as if you have been there. just make sure you pay it with your credit card not jus using your CC to guarantee the reservation. You basically prepaid their entire stay. Most hotel will require you to fax a written statement you authorize them to charge your cC for your frieds stay and they require you to fax your ID and copy of CC. Happy return on getting your points!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...