2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2010 11:57 AM by nuhusker RSS

Does one need to stay the actual night to get points

carljong2003 Member
Currently Being Moderated

Does one need to stay the actual night to get points, or can one just get the points after he makes a reservation? Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Does one need to stay the actual night to get points
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    I think you have to actually check-in... I've read of people who make a reservation at a local hotel, go check-in, then go home... just to get the points or nights or maintain status. Although, if you have to cancel by 6pm (or whatever) time and you don't.. they charge you for that night, so I think you should get the points but I'd check with Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Does one need to stay the actual night to get points
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    New Hilton is correct. You collect points for the "stay", which doesn't count unless you check in. I also agree that if I neglect to cancel and then get charged for the night, I ought to get the points that go along with that expense. Can't imagine what kind of good reason Marriott has for this policy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...