3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2011 12:21 AM by ghadban RSS

My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain next year.  Any suggestions on the best hotels in Barcelona and Madrid accepting rewards points?

peapod Gold
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain next year. Any suggestions on the best hotels in Barcelona and Madrid accepting rewards points? We would like to be centrally located near most attractions and do not intend to rent a car in either city.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Spain
El Prat de LLobregat - Barcelona, Spain Renaissance Hotels Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
  • A: My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain next year.  Any suggestions on the best hotels in Barcelona and Madrid accepting rewards points?
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    The Barcelona Ren is out by the airport with a shuttle into town. Only Autograph Collection and AC Hotels in Madrid So, I'd definitely look at the AC Hotels in both cities. No need for a car in either city. Trains or buses are great if you want to take day trips out of either city. Central or Northern Spain will be my vacation destination next year since point redemption will be available this coming November! I was hoping it would have been this year.... had been waiting for AC Hotel point redemption to kick in. So, this year will be Switzerland. Have a great trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    El Prat de LLobregat - Barcelona, Spain Renaissance Hotels Courtyard Philadelphia Great Valley/Malvern
  • A: My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain next year.  Any suggestions on the best hotels in Barcelona and Madrid accepting rewards points?
    rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews
    My son just stayed at the AC Hotel Irla in Barcelona & the AC Hotel Carlton in Madrid for his honeymoon. He commented that the staff @ the Irla was nicer than @ the Carlton. But otherwise had no complaints & did lots of touring from these locations using public transportation & walking. Have fun!

• Re: A: My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain next year.  Any suggestions on the best hotels in Barcelona and Madrid accepting rewards points?
      ghadban Platinum

My wife and I just stayed at The AC Palacio Retiro in Madrid on points October 25th for 4 nights.  The location was great for us, close to Retiro Park and Prado museum..we were able to walk just about everywhere we walked form this location.  Although we requested an early check in at this hotel, we arrived from our international flight at 8am and were not able to check in until 11am since the hotel was full.  The staff is very accomodating, but the rooms, although clean are not quite up to Marriott standards in the US. THe beds are not totally comfortable.  Also, bring your own washcloths, as they are not used in most European hotels.  The morning coffee is pretty bad as well, and only a small continental breakfast is available to elites.  Anything other than croissant or toast and coffee is pricey.  The plus side is a free mini-bar in your room with free beer and water and soda.  All in all we were satisfied with this stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...