1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 9, 2011 7:22 AM by pingreeman RSS

Why is Lodgenet blocking my connection? I'm a Gold Member almost Platinum.

residentx Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I was planning to stay at the Columbia Courtyard. I was surfing the internet in the lobby and my connection/IP address was blocked by Lodgenet. I had to call and have them unblock my ip address so I could reconnect. Is this standard practice at Marriott now? I thought Gold and Platinum members had free wifi on their accounts. I left the hotel after that. This happened Friday around 5pm EST.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Columbia, Maryland, USA
  • A: Why is Lodgenet blocking my connection? I'm a Gold Member almost Platinum.
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated
    This is highly unusual as elite members are to get their internet services free. I have never had this problem at any Marriott property - assuming I had the appropriate login and password. Perhaps you have your wireless configured to only accept secure connections and it was your connection setting that was actually blocking the lodgenet access. To check (assuming a Windows OS), go to Control Panel>Network Connections and check your wireless settings to see if you have secure settings established. Commonly, a new computer is set to have Windows Firewall auto-configured to be "On" which could be enough to prevent your connection.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...