6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2011 8:16 PM by osubuckeye RSS

I'm planning trip to Anchorage, AK, August 2011. Any suggestions for which hotel to stay at?  Thanks

farmorb Gold
Currently Being Moderated
I'm planning trip to Anchorage, AK, August 2011 have any of you stayed there and which hotel/s do you recommend staying at? Do you also have restaurant recommendations? Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Anchorage, Alaska, USA
  • A: I'm planning trip to Anchorage, AK, August 2011. Any suggestions for which hotel to stay at?  Thanks
    janerg Platinum
    Visited Alaska August 2009 and stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn Midtown. It was our base for the first 3 days of the trip and last 3 days. Had a car so it was easy to get around. Our last night in town we ate at Simon and Seafords. Great way to end a fabulous trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: I'm planning trip to Anchorage, AK, August 2011. Any suggestions for which hotel to stay at?  Thanks
    podie1956 Gold 1 Reviews
    I've stayed at the Anchorage Marriott three times and each visit was better than the one before! Awesome views, wonderful rooms, and gorgeous public spaces.

dejamo Platinum
    Stayed at Springhill Suites on "A" street during a recent fishing trip. Clean, friendly, and convenient area near downtown (not too close). They kept our extra luggage in storage for 5 days while we were in "the bush". Came back, no problems. Can't go to Anchorage without eating at Humpy's Great Alaskan Alehouse.!Dianne's, was also a greatplace to eat as well. They get my vote

nctarheel Platinum 1 Reviews
    RESTAURANT REC:: THE MOOSE'S TOOTH FORFUN---GREAT PIZZA AND SALADS AND SIMON & SEAFORT'S--LARGE GOURMET SELECTION OF LOCAL FISH/SEAFOOD

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
    We recently stayed at the Anchorage Courtyard at the airport for a brief "night" after a 1:30 A.M. arrival. The hotel was very nice. The staff was even better. The shuttle driver who picked us up at was cheerful at 1:30 in the morning, the bistro staff was very efficient and we found their breakfast combo very good, and the front desk staff was very customer-oriented. We moved to the Anchorage Marriott for a 2 night stay on points. The concierge lounge is open all day for snacks and beverages. As someone previously said, the view is incredible. The entire staff was great. We enjoyed lunch at the Glacier Brewhouse including their root beer and creme soda. The trolley ride gives you a chance to see the city. We also thought the walking tour given by the park dept. was worthwhile. We spent half a day at the Anchorage Museum and found it very well done. While there, we did take a guuided tour.

osubuckeye Member 23 Reviews
    Eat at the Glacier Brewhouse on W. 5th Ave. It was the best meal we had during our 3 wk stay in Alaska:)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...