2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 4:51 PM by chrisf RSS

Generally, how many points will I need to redeem a free night at a hotel?

striper23 Silver
Currently Being Moderated
Generally, how many points will I need to redeem a free night at a hotel?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • A: Generally, how many points will I need to redeem a free night at a hotel?
    curiousone Platinum
    If you go to any hotel home page on Marriott.com it will tell you the reward category on the first page, about 1/2 way down. If you go to the top of the Marriott.com page and click on Marriott Rewards/Marriott Rewards Home scroll to the bottom and click on Use Marriott Reward Points/Hotels then click on View Hotel rewards by Category it will list the points by category. Or, just click on this link: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/hotelrew.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Generally, how many points will I need to redeem a free night at a hotel?
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Hi striper23 ... curiousone has given you a great reply but read the notes on the table ... you get a 5th night free if you book 4 nights (but only at the same hotel) ... it is also worth looking at travel packages if you may need a flight.  Generally, I have found that I needed to look at a Cat 5 hotel rate or above when I needed a hotel stay ... the one night rate for a Cat 5 is currently 25K MR points.  It is well worth checking if there are any Point Savers rates available if your dates are flexible ... the PS rate for a Cat 5 is 20K MR points. 

I hope that you find something that works for you ... good luck

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...