4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 5:46 PM by GemPrincess RSS

What is the criteria for platinum for life?

richr25 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
What is the criteria for platinum for life? How do platinum members become platinum for life. I know a couple folks who have achieved this level and I travel and stay as much as they do yet I have not achieved this level.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: What is the criteria for platinum for life?
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum
    I believe the qualifications for Lifetime Silver/Gold/Platinum are still: 600/800/1000 nights 1.2M/1.6M/2.0M points 12 years in the program At least one year at the associated level Any points earned (not accumulated) are counted. If you've earned 2,000,000 lifetime but have spent some or all of them, you're still eligible. Any elite credit nights count (not just stays) including those earned via the Chase Visa and rollover nights. Your lifetime nights can be viewed on your profile, but not points. You'll need to call customer service to find out what your lifetime points total is.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    I'm a lifer but thought the prospective member had to have at least 3 years at the level achieved.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
    A direct quote from a customercare e-mail about 18 months ago, "The lifetime status will be given to the highest yearly status attained."

• Re: What is the criteria for platinum for life?
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I received mine after 1000 nights.

Also, I think there is some minimum amount of time that you need to be elite as well.  I have been elite for so many years, that I can't even remember.

There is another thread on this with lots of good information from various members that you might want to try to find.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...