7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2016 4:04 PM by boomer RSS

What happened to the "Golf Channel" in the cable television offering?

nationwide Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What happened to the "Golf Channel" in the cable television offering? I relied on it to keep close to the game each week while I travel, and it has disappeared. Are my convenient Fairfields and Courtyards the wrong kinds of properties for golf?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA
  • A: What happened to the "Golf Channel" in the cable television offering?
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
    Each property has its say on what channels are available - this is not a Marriott corporate mandate. For example, I've been to some Fairfields that have but 15 channels and others that have 50+ choices. Ditto for CYs and other properties. Though you are a golf channel aficionado, I am a Fox News fan. Not all properties have yet included this channel (viewership #1 for cable news) in their programming.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
    I stay only at full-line Marriotts and have yet to find one with the Golf Channel or without Fox news..... I would love the golf Channel AND don't mess with my Fox News!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    I find Golf Channel rarely at most any hotel. FNC, which is also in my top two with Golf channel, seems to be at every Marriott family property I stay at.

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
    These channel lineups don't appear to be fair and balanced...

• Re: What happened to the "Golf Channel" in the cable television offering?
    boomer Platinum

I am a huge fan of The Americans on FX and book my travel on Wednesday nights furing the season only at properties that carry FX, although now that you can watch live on their app through your cable provider it has become less of an issue.  Most of where I stay I do find FNC and the Golf channel as well as my morning staple CNBC.

On a related topic, is there a directive on TV channel settings in the breakfast areas?  The reason I ask is that at FFI, it usually seems to be on Fox & Friends where at SHS it is usually on HLN with Robin Meade.  Not that I stay long enough to watch either I found the differences interesting.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...