5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2011 1:35 PM by iestrikesback RSS

Family Vacation with Points in LA Area

boomer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are staying five days in San Diego but would like to stay the first five (5) days in the LA area using points (up to a Cat 5) with 2 teenagers (14 and 15) that is safe, convenient to the sights, i.e. Hollywood and the beaches. I will have a rental car but don't want to spend too much time sitting in traffic. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Los Angeles, California, USA
  • A: Family Vacation with Points in LA Area
    iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
    Here are some options: 1. Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills (Cat 5) - Close to UCLA/Beverly Hills & Century City, and equidistant from Santa Monica/Venice beaches & Hollywood. 2. Torrance Marriott South Bay (Cat 4) - close to South Bay beaches, restaurants, & shopping. 3. Long Beach Marriott (Cat 4) - freeway close, equidistant to LA & Orange County Beaches, Disneyland, & Hollywood I like the latter 2, as they are full-service Marriotts, thus getting you concierge lounge access, and they are both Category 4, saving you some points. But location-wise, based on what you're looking for, number 1 might be the best option, with minimal freeway driving required. I'm afraid though, you can't really completely avoid traffic anywhere in the LA area. If you have some more preferences as far as what you want to do, I can give you some more options.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    IE, is right! However, if you could do it, stay at the wonderful Ren. directly in Hollywood. You can walk to so much, Kodak Theater, Hollywood High, Mel's Diner, and a lot more. It is one of my very favorite Marriott's! Easy drive to Malibu and Burbank. Good luck, you will have a great time, no matter where you stay in LA.

Yes, The Renaissance Hollywood is also a great hotel! It's a Category 6, but if you can swing it, it would be a great option as well! It's also close to the El Capitan theater.

boomer Platinum
    Thanks for the responses. I will check out the hotels listed. I do have a lot of points to spare even though I am cashing in for 5 nights at the Marriott Coronado resort in San Diego. In addition to the responses, my wife mentioned the Courtyard Los Angeles Marina del Rey. Any feedback on that one as well?

I have not stayed there, but Marina Del Rey is a nice area, and it looks pretty nice for a Courtyard. You may want to also consider the Manhattan Beach Marriott (Cat 5 I believe, and full-service) but I have not stayed there either. Maybe some other members can provide input into these hotels. Another option may be the Renaissance Long Beach (Cat 5 I believe), while it's not really close to Hollywood, it's within walking distance to several great restaurants, as well as the Aquarium of the Pacific, a great underappreciated local attraction. Also, its close to some good beaches (Long Beach, Seal Beach, Huntington Beach) without having to use the freeway. I know we've thrown you a lot of options, but hope all this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...