4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2016 11:49 AM by 702rugbyref RSS

Where is the best place to write about a Marriott Hotel experience?

jujube Silver
Currently Being Moderated
Where is the best place to write about a Marriott Hotel experience?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
  • A: Where is the best place to write about a Marriott Hotel experience?
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum
    On this site or in general? If you would like to post something on this site to be viewed only by other Marriott Rewards members, you should post it in the forums under the Hotels section. At the bottom, you can add a location tag and even a tag for a specific hotel so that it helps others who are searching for info on that property.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Where is the best place to write about a Marriott Hotel experience?
    nycuws10025 Platinum
    If my comments about a Marriott experience involve a complaint or a suggestion for an improvement I feel is needed, I always start with the General Manager - in person, while I'm still in the hotel if possible. I know I wouldn't want MY customers "complaining to headquarters" without at least giving me the chance to know about an unsatisfactory situation, and perhaps to correct it on the spot. I feel strongly I should offer Marriott hotel GMs the same courtesy I would want myself. If I am unable to see the GM while I'm still in the hotel, I try to get the email address to contact him/her once I am at home. If I can't get that contact information, then I have no problem with "complaining to headquarters". . I must quickly add that this has not happened often (18 years as a PE now) and in those few situations where it did, the GM appeared truly grateful that I had brought the situation to his attention. Appropriate apologies were offered and, in all cases, the situation was fixed immediately. . If I have compliments, I won't usually waste the GMs time - I know they're busy. But if I can speak to him/her in person to compliment an employee, I do so. Even then, I always follow up with either a letter to Mr. Marriott himself if something was particularly good or by email to customer.care@marriott.com . (Lately, I've pretty much abandoned letters and stick to emails.) If a GM is doing a particularly good job, Marriott headquarters needs to know. Heck, maybe they'll promote this hotshot GM from that tiny Fairfield Inn in Podunk and move him/her to a bigger hotel where he/she can work similar magic and satisfy even more people. . Those compliments ALWAYS get to the property; Marriott appears to have a great customer feedback system in place andI have been thanked by front desk managers or supervisors on subsequent visit to a few hotels about some complimentary letter or email I had sent about the hotel. . Although I don't get them very often any more, I always make use of the feedback form (Customer Survey?) which are sometimes sent to me after my stay. I am honest in everything I write: What was great. What was good. What needs attention (usually mechanical systems in the hotel - non functioning ice machines or a room that's too hot, etc.) And what was bad. I know that feedback gets to the hotel as I have received several very nice letters from GMs or their delegates with specific comments to points I made in the survey. . If the problem WAS with the GM, then I would write to customer.care@marriott.com . Feedback is important, both when you're satisfied and when you're not, but is has to be fair. Why leave the hotel angry about something if you didn't let them know what was wrong and give them a chance to fix it?

• Re: Where is the best place to write about a Marriott Hotel experience?
    702rugbyref Platinum

Depends. If you want the world to be able to read it, then I would suggest TripAdvisor or if you want Marriott members to and possibly moderate, then this blog.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...