4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2011 8:29 AM by beachorbust RSS

I'm planning on vacationing in Myrle Beach with my wife in August. What recommendations would you give me

motorcityron Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I'm planning on vacationing in Myrle Beach with my wife in August. What recommendations would you give me re where to eat, tips re the beach, staying at the Dunes resort

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
  • A: I'm planning on vacationing in Myrle Beach with my wife in August. What recommendations would you give me
    moishad Silver
    You won't have any trouble finding a place to eat in Myrtle Beach. We love's Joe's Crab Shack at Barefoot Landing but there are your usual chain restaurants too. There is outlet shopping also. Just ask the concierge at the hotel because there are numerous places to go but some can be pricey. The beach right by the hotel should be very nice. Shouldn't be any need to go elsewhere. I have been there several times - but haven't stayed at the Dunes.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: I'm planning on vacationing in Myrle Beach with my wife in August. What recommendations would you give me
    kellyc Platinum 1 Reviews
    kings pizza is the best. authetic old style pizza joint. best i have ever had.

gofetch Platinum 1 Reviews
    My favorite seafood restaurant is Rockefeller's Raw Bar - always fresh and reasonable prices - It's a local's hangout. http://www.rockefellersrawbar.com/

beachorbust Platinum
    We just finished a week at the Dunes resort, and had a great time. The staff was great and very attentive. All the food, mainly lunch by the pool, we had was good as well. Depending on how crowded the hotel is, you may have to get up and reserve some pool chairs if you want an umbrella. There is not a lot of shade by the pool, and there is a silly routine where people go down at 7, reserve a bunch of chairs with towels, and go back to bed, or off to the beach. The hotel needs to do a better job on enforcing their no reserve policy. You are located only minutes from scores of eating choices. One of the best we found was the Chesapeake House, great seafood, great value. I would skip Greg Norman's place, overpriced and not all that good. Have a great time. Ask for Erin in the hotel restauraunt for breakfast. She was great.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...