2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2011 7:53 PM by kellyc RSS

Anyone recently stay at the Marriott resort in Costa Rica?

lennyc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone recently stay at the Marriott resort in Costa Rica? What was your overall impression and dining experiences like? Was the beach and ocean nice? Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Costa Rica
  • A: Anyone recently stay at the Marriott resort in Costa Rica?
    kevintl Platinum
    Yes, My wife and I stayed at the Marriott in Costa Rica and I can honestly say it was one of the worst hotels I have been in. They had the wrong type of room upon my arrival and spoke to me like I was an animal. I had the supervisor of Platinum on my cell as she heard the manager tell me "NO, the way it's going to be is the way I say". Needless to say, Marriott replaced every single point for my stay. There is NO BEACH, it is all small black rocks. There is no Ocean, it's a small Bay. It is more of a Marina for yachts. The food was OK at best. All we could do was lay out by the pool. Iguana lizards everywhere!!! The trip from the airport was at night, and if it had been in the day, I never would have gone to the hotel. It is a two lane road along cliffs with no railings, one of the most dangerous drives for 1 and 1/2 hours that I have ever had. The return took 3 hours as there was an accident, and we had to go clear around. I have been traveling for 40 years, and this had to be the biggest disappointment of any vacation I had ever been on. Thank goodness we had another week booked at Rosewoods Riviera Mayacoba in Playa del Carmen 30 miles south of Cancun. A 5 star resort by Rosewood. I would never even go back to Costa Rica. Hope this helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Anyone recently stay at the Marriott resort in Costa Rica?
    kellyc Platinum 1 Reviews
    we had a wonderful time in Costa Rica. We stayed as Los Suenos Marriott. very clean friendly and lots to do for the family. staff and grounds were amazing. it took about an hour and a half from the airport but the trip was amazing. out of all my travels around the world it was one of the best. Food was great, pool amazing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...