5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 3:00 PM by eb5147 RSS

What are 'bonus nights'

cadillacmike Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What are 'bonus nights' I have approx 107 bonus nights, but do not know what they are. Thanks in advance, Mike.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: What are 'bonus nights'
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    I have no idea about the 107 bonus nights -- nothing I've ever heard of. Usually bonus nights refers to getting the 5th night free when you use points to stay 4 nights.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum
    Bonus nights: If you look at your MR Account Activity on marriott.com you will see a break down of this. They are listed as: Promotional: 0 (Assuming any promotions you have signed up for, like Mega bonus, etc) Rewards Credit Card: (This means if you have the Marriott Visa card and are given your annual reward of 1 night each year by Chase-underwriters of the Visa card) Rewarding Events: 0 (Not sure what this means) Rollover Nights: (Most common used "bonus" are the nights over your status threshold for a given year. For you, 107 nights. Hope this helps!

Segments Platinum 4 Reviews
    Rewarding Events are nights associated with booking meetings (i.e groups of >10)

• Re: What are 'bonus nights'
    topalli Gold 4 Reviews

bonus nights are nights that you have earned, not by staying at a marriott, but by either using their credit card or rollover nights from the previous year.  i.e. it takes 50 nights to make gold.  if you have 70 nights this year you get 20 nights rolled over to next year as "bonus nights".  If you have the credit card you also have 15 additional bonus nights.  if you spent $9000 on your marriott credit card you would have 3 more bonus nights.  That way you would start next year, in this example, with 38 "bonus nights" that count towards your total nights stayed for your status (silver, gold, platinum) next year.  This is to distinguish from how many nights you actually stayed in a marriott that year.  i.e. marriott rewards would treat you like you had 38 nights plus whatever you actually stay the next year.  Sounds like you have a lot of nights earned from a marriott visa card.

• Re: What are 'bonus nights'
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Okay.  I think that you're probably referring to your account and the bonus nights listed there are roll-over nights after the 75 nights for platinum qualification are deducted from your stays last year.

We had 269 that were listed as bonus nights.  They're only used to make a level this year if you need them, but they disappear after this year from what was carried over to this year.

It might have been something like this that kept us (Larry) in elite when he didn't travel in that particular year, but I think it's just recently become official.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...