1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 28, 2011 11:33 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Recommendations on things to see and do in Prague and Budapest

reencarigan Gold
Currently Being Moderated
Recommendations on things to see and do in Prague and Budapest. Things of historical interest, places of interest in the vincinity of each city

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Budapest, Hungary
Prague, Czech Republic
  • A: Recommendations on things to see and do in Prague and Budapest
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated
    Prague: The Old Town Square The Old Town Hall and the Astomonical Clock and Calendar build in 1410 Tyn Church U Minuty House where Franz Kafta lived from 1889-1896 St. Nicholas (kostel sv. Mikulase) in Old Town Jan Hus Memorial Powder Tower Municipal Cultural Hall (Obecni dum) Old Jewish Synagogue and Cemetery Prague Castle Petrin Hill Architecture on Paris Avenue and Maisel Street Strahov Monastery and Library The Church of the Nativity of Our Lord (Loretto Church in Loretto Square) Charles Bridge Kampa Island The Dancing House (Tancici Dum) St. Wencelas Square National Museum (can't vouch for this as I didn't go inside) Church of Sts. Peter and Paul in the Vysehrad and cemetary where Dvorak is buried The Church of St. Martin in the Wall Museum of Communism (I didn't think it was worth it but others do) A day trip to Terezin (highly recommend) An overnight trip to Cesky Krumlov (highly recommend) Budapest: Danube cruise at sunset or night View of city from Citadel on Gellert Hill Hungarian Royal Palace Matthias Church and Castle Hill Fisherman's Bastion Parliament (great photo op from Fisherman's Bastion) Chain Bridge Great Market Hall (also a great place to buy some souveniers, eg., paprika and hand-embroidered muffin holders. Quick, cheap, and good lunch too) Stroll the quaint back streets of Castle Hill Heroes' Square Szechenyi Baths St. Istevan's Basillica Museum of Terror (I didn't particularly care for it) A day trip to Egers or Szentendre Vienna would be an excellent choice for a few days between the two cities if you have the additional time. A day trip to Melk Abbey is wonderful! I did 5 nights Prague, 1 night Cesky Krumlow, 4 nights Vienna, 4 nights Budapest. Have a wonderful trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)