2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2011 1:25 PM by zukracer RSS

I am trying to find a hotel that I can use my Marriott Rewards points for free rooms but they all seem to be blocked.

travelman99 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to find a hotel that I can use my Marriott Rewards points for free rooms but they all seem to be blocked.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: I am trying to find a hotel that I can use my Marriott Rewards points for free rooms but they all seem to be blocked.
    traveler2 Platinum
    Where are you trying to go that you can't get rooms? Is it the dates that are causing problems. Have you called Marriott to see if the agents can help? Sometimes you just need to change your dates a day or two.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: I am trying to find a hotel that I can use my Marriott Rewards points for free rooms but they all seem to be blocked.
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    There are no "black out dates" any more but the hotels generally only have a certain number of rooms available for points, especially if its a busy time or there is an event in the area. Your Plat. room availability is only for paid rooms so you have a few options. First call the plat. line and see if they can help. Sometimes they can call the hotel and make something happen for you or find a comparable property that you can use points at for the same time period. The second is reserve the room at the best rate you can for a paid stay, then convert the points you would have used into gift certs to pay for the room. Depending on the rate and conversion, you could break even.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...