3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2011 1:38 PM by johnoneway RSS

Traveling to Beijing Feb 4-9, considering Courtyard North East. Anyone stayed there, or have other suggestions?

1kking Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Traveling to Beijing Feb 4-9, considering Courtyard North East. Anyone stayed there, or have other suggestions? Also thinking about Marriott North East as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Beijing, China
  • A: Traveling to Beijing Feb 4-9, considering Courtyard North East. Anyone stayed there, or have other suggestions?
    The transit system is very good in BeiJing. You can get around the city fairly easy if you are comfortable with taking the Metro. The Olympic venues and the road to the Great Wall are north of the city. Tianamen Square, Mao's Tomb, the Silk Market, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, train station, etc. are in city center. If you want to see most of what I just mentioned that is close by then the Marriott Beijing City Wall is the best hotel. If these things aren't important to you then staying in the northeast of the city is fine and the Courtyard is a nice hotel. I own a home in China and have been to Beijing many times. I prefer city center hotels. Remember, BeiJing is a huge city and traffic, if your not taking the subway, is really bad. You really can't go wrong so have fun.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Traveling to Beijing Feb 4-9, considering Courtyard North East. Anyone stayed there, or have other suggestions?
    waverunner Platinum
    We stayed at the Courtyard in ChongWenMen (South East of Beijing) - almost in the hart of the city. It is in a very convenient location. The subway is around the corner. TianAnMen is in walking distance. If you are into shopping, the HongQiao Market is two bus stops away.

johnoneway Gold 2 Reviews
    I traveled last June to Beijing for the first time. I am returning and will stay in a different hotel on Business ( Beijing Renaissance Chaoyang ) which is near some business and Embassy row. It is near the 3rd ring road around Beijing closest to the PEK airport. Just a half mile from this hotel is the Marriott North East. I loved the hotel and the staff there when I stayed approx. 7-8 nights. Sorry I just got this email. It may be too late. Enjoy your trip. John

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...