10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2011 12:20 PM by versel RSS

Has anyone ever been upgraded to a suite in Paris, France?

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone ever been upgraded to a suite in Paris, France? We have stayed at CE as Platinum, and the first time without kids, they upgraded us to a room overlooking the CE. However, last year we came with our children(ages 8yrs.,6yrs. and 2 months old) and we weren't upgraded at all. We had a tiny, tiny room with only a king bed. I asked for a different, bigger room(clearly there was availability online), and was refused. It was a long 10 days. I guess the reason I ask about being upgraded to a suite, is because everywhere else outside of the US(Belgium, Cologne,Rome, JW Cairo, Tel Aviv Renaissance) they always gladly upgraded us to a suite(the Grand Flora was HUGE). They did it gladly, and sometimes I didn't even have to request it! I would love to stay at a Marriott property in Paris, however, after last time, I am actually looking into a vacation rental. Any good upgrade experiences lately? Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • A: Has anyone ever been upgraded to a suite in Paris, France?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
    I can't get upgraded in Paris, Texas, let alone Paris France.....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Seriously, no one has??? Why then Is the grand Flora in Rome, and so many other European countries so generous to its loyal customers, but not Paris?

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    I got upgraded at the CE, got a top level room one time and the CE Suite another. Yet another I chose to pay the extra for the CE suite. The time I paid was as Plat, the others were as Plat Prem. I think others have mentioned similar experiences but just maybe haven't chimed in yet. And is there really anything in Paris Texas :)

How do you go about paying extra...do you do it before, or when you get there? And how much extra are you talking? This obviously must be something you have to specifically request, as they never offered us this option, which for a family would be great. Please let me know! Thank you so much for your response. Anyone else out there?

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    I can honestly say that during my last 3 trips to Europe and staying exclusively at Marriott's, that I didn't garner a single upgrade. Nada.

surfclubber Platinum
    you have to ask for an upgrade. it depends on the person. i have been upgraded at every hotel i have been to. some better rooms then others. If the person is nice they will take care of you.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    There was an option when I booked the room on the Marriott site. If I wanted to reserve the suite it was something like 50 euro for one room type or 100 for another type or 150 for the CE suite, per night. So it wasn't a huge amount but it secured the better room before we ever got on the plane :) Not sure if this is still an option on the site, I just ask at the desk and generally they find something better.

dctravelergal Platinum 4 Reviews
    Yes, we were upgraded in Sept 2009 to a 2 level suite at the Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel. I will be staying at the Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel for 6 days beginning this week so my fingers are crossed for an upgrade there too.

• A: you have to ask for an upgrade. it depends on the person. i have been upgraded at every hotel i have been to. some better rooms then others. If the person is nice they will take care of you.
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    Oh believe me I've tried, sometimes even begged when I was traveling with my kids. The onetime I really needed it was at the Park Lane Marriott in London and was told they couldn't accommodate my request. The room they gave me and my son contained two single beds. When was the last time you ever checked into a hotel and awaiting your arrival was a single bed?

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
    I recently stayed at the Renaissance Paris Vendome with my wife. I am Platinum and upon check-in, we were upgraded to a larger room without asking. It wasn't a suite, but was still nice to have a little extra space.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...