1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 27, 2010 10:06 AM by nycuws10025 RSS

best stay in philadelphia

bduster Gold
Currently Being Moderated

best Marriott stay in philadelphia for a 2 day weekend with 2 teenagers

• A: best stay in philadelphia
    nycuws10025 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    Philadelphia is a GREAT place to travel with kids. We took my sister and brother-in-law and their two pre-teen boys there and we all had a great time. There are three Marriotts literally located in the center of the city: My favorite of the three is the Residence Inn which is a converted historical bank building. The Courtyard is the old City Hall Annex, also converted to hotel use. Only the Marriott is completely new construction. I always check to see which of the three has the best rates as they are all only steps from each other. Check this link as an earlier post I made about Philadelphia is still available here at Marriott Insiders: http://www.marriottrewardsinsiders.marriott.com/thread/3080 The "Please Touch" museum might be focused a little too young for your teens (not knowing their ages). The Franklin Institute is good for all ages. If your family is interested in Art, the Philadelphia Museum of Art is a must-see. If history is your thing, head east toward Old City Philadelphia, Independence Hall and the Liberty bell. Those places can often be packed with tourists so consider getting"off the beaten path" and visit some of the interesting places most tourists manage to miss like Betsy Ross House and Elfreth's Alley Philadelphia has a wealth of truly fine dining restaurants, but having said that, no visit to the city would be complete without trying a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich at either Pat's or Gino's - two completing restaurants where they were "invented". Be warned: a key ingredient is Cheez Whiz! But they're GREAT! If your kids are into shopping, you're right in the center of the city and shopping is all around you. I'm a pipe organ freak and always go to visit Macy's, right across from City Hall (and from the Residence Inn) to do a little shopping and to hear the organ which is played twice each day. It's the largest working pipe organ in the world with over 36,000 pipes. When the organist opens that baby up, you will KNOW he is playing - the whole building shakes! NO, it does not sound like your grandmother's Hammond and it is definitely NOT a church organ. Worth a visit! I think you'll find that two days won't be enough and you'll want to go back again! I hope you have a great time in the City of Brotherly Love.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...