1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 19, 2010 10:45 AM by NathalieF RSS

I want to redeem my points for a 6-night stay next year at Virginia Beach. However, when I call to reserve, they tell me that I can't "reserve" a suite with my points, only a standard room. Why can't I get the room I want??

rxsunflower Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I want to redeem my points for a 6-night stay next year at Virginia Beach. However, when I call to reserve, they tell me that I can't "reserve" a suite with my points, only a standard room. Why can't I get the room I want?? Is there any way I can "buy" the extra points, or use points to get a guaranteed upgrade?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
  • A: I want to redeem my points for a 6-night stay next year at Virginia Beach. However, when I call to reserve, they tell me that I can't "reserve" a suite with my points, only a standard room. Why can't I get the room I want??
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated
    RxSunflower, Every hotel participating in Marriott Rewards’ No Blackout Dates makes standard rooms available for redemption every day. Non-standard rooms such as deluxe rooms and suites can be made available for redemption as well at the discretion of each individual hotel. If you are not offered an opportunity to upgrade your standard redemption room, it is most likely because upgraded rooms are not available. However, it may also be because that property has elected not to offer those rooms for upgrade on redemption stays. Inventory and availability may fluctuate all the way up to the day of check-in, so we encourage you to continue checking with the hotel to see if an upgraded room becomes available. I hope you have found this information helpful. If you have additional questions regarding the availability of rooms for the redemption of Marriott Rewards points, please contact MRW.Redemption.Questions@marriott.com in order for us to research the specific dates in question.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...