2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 12:54 PM by thebear RSS

Just stayed at the Albany, NY Marriott for one night.  You can tell when a hotel is aged and tired.  The elevator buttons are well worn!  When will this hotel be remodeled, pillows upgraded, and hallways air conditioned?   Not a good hotel!

casual358 Member
Currently Being Moderated

Just stayed at the Albany, NY Marriott for one night. You can tell when a hotel is aged and tired. The elevator buttons are well worn! When will this hotel be remodeled, pillows upgraded, and hallways air conditioned? Not a good hotel!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Albany, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Albany Marriott
  • A: Just stayed at the Albany, NY Marriott for one night.  You can tell when a hotel is aged and tired.  The elevator buttons are well worn!  When will this hotel be remodeled, pillows upgraded, and hallways air conditioned?   Not a good hotel!
    catherine Member
    Dear Valued Guest: As the current General Manager of this hotel, I appreciate your feedback! This property had all new beds and pillows in 2007- perhaps you have a pillow preference that I may add to your local profile (for example, some people do not care for feather pillows, they prefer foam). We did remodel the public spaces three years ago, as well, changing everything from floor to ceiling. The corridors will not be air conditioned, however, the exhaust fans are being addressed as we had an unusually hot summer and are waiting for the new motor to be installed for that equipment. I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your night with us and would like to make it right for you. Please take a moment to email me at cstevens@columbiasussex.com so that I may address your concerns directly. We want you back at the Albany Marriott and again, appreciate that you took the time to comment. Most truly, Catherine Stevens

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Just stayed at the Albany, NY Marriott for one night.  You can tell when a hotel is aged and tired.  The elevator buttons are well worn!  When will this hotel be remodeled, pillows upgraded, and hallways air conditioned?   Not a good hotel!
    thebear Gold

My wife and I spent the Christmas week at the Albany Marriott on business as well as visiting family in the area over the holidays.  This was not our first time at this hotel.

As a Gold member, we were upgraded to the Concierge Level.  Happily, the lounge was open during the holiday week.  Previously the lounge had been closed Christmas through New Years.

Just after check in the toilet overflowed.  Not the end of the earth as it has happened in our own house.  As we were leaving for the day, I made a quick call to the front desk.  Upon our return, not only the matter had been taken care of but there was a personal handwritten note of apology, a voice mail on the phone and a basket of fruit.

Everyone at the hotel treated us wonderfully during our stay.  The entire staff, manager, front desk, and all support persons greated you with a warm hello, a smile and a welcome.

Planning our July 4th trip to the same area, we are planning another extended stay at this facility.

Our thanks to all.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...