9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2010 1:53 PM by shawna RSS

We will be in Hawaii in January 2011. What are the best Marriott properties to stay in Hawaii

appraisalman Gold
Currently Being Moderated
We will be in Hawaii in January 2011. What are the best Marriott properties to stay in Hawaii

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
HI, USA
  • A: We will be in Hawaii in January 2011. What are the best Marriott properties to stay in Hawaii
    llobster1 Platinum
    I must ask a question to answer your question. Upon which island are you staying? If you have a choice I recommend Kauai. If you are staying on Oahu, I would recommend Ko’Olina vise Waikiki. Is this your first time to Hawaii? Then Waikiki may be the right answer because you will be in the middle of tourist center; however, once you've made the rounds in Waikiki, you will love being at the tranquil Ko’Olina. Please find my review of Kauai and look at the photo of the pool... The only other thing to keep in mind is the time of the year; January is viewed as being cold to Hawaiians (low 70's).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: We will be in Hawaii in January 2011. What are the best Marriott properties to stay in Hawaii
    westcoastgal Platinum 8 Reviews
    It really depends on switch island you will be visiting. I have stayed in Waikki beach but not at the Marriott -- its not favorite location. I love the island of Kauai - its quieter and slower paced. I have stayed at both the Kauai Beach Club and the Waiohai Beach Club. Both are wonderful properties - while the Kauai Beach Club has bigger beach and more centrally located on the island Waiohai has a great full size kitchen in the vacation club rooms. I'd recommend you decide what you want from a vacation and start with there. Either one of these properties in my opinion are great. In fact, we are returning for the third year this September.

jazzymary Silver 8 Reviews
    The Marriott hotel in Maui is one of the best hotels I've ever seen. It's just a stone's throw from the Ritz down the beach, but the Marriott is MUCH nicer! Stay there, it's amazing!

njfab4 Silver 8 Reviews
    We recently stayed 6 nights in Oahu at the Marriott Ko'olina and it was beautiful. The hotel is beautiful with great pools and beach. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of it all, this is the place. Do not stay in Waikiki if you want relaxation. It is way too crowded. Good luck!

jlajhb Platinum
    Kauai Beach Club and Maui Ocean Club

goodyear Platinum
    On Maui stay at the Wialia Marriott! We have stayed several times and love the place.

millionpointer Gold
    I would recommend Kauai...it's less hectic than Oahu and easier to get around than Maui. As mentioned by someone else, the Waiohai has the advantage of having a full kitchen and washer/dryer in each unit; however, if your priorities on a vacation don't include cooking and cleaning, the Kauai Beach Club in Lihue is prettier, more resort-like, and has the added advantage of having the best Calamari (Duke's) I've ever had.

frequentvacati Platinum 1 Reviews
    Please remember that Winter is the RAINY season. Summers are crowded and Spring/Fall is the best. On Kauai the Marriott Beach Club has a really large pool that is beautiful and they have good restaurants on site including Kukui's, Duke's and Cafe Portofino. On Maui the Marriott there is great and on the big island Hawaii the Waikaloa is right on a relly nice beach for activities. On Oahu the KoOlina is remote but beatiful and the Waikiki Marriott convenient to the beach.

shawna Platinum
    My favorite Marriott hotel in Hawaii is the J.W. Marriott Ihilani in Ko'Olina on Oahu. It's not a very long drive to Waikiki (provided you're not driving during high-traffic times) and it is so much more peaceful than Waikiki. I've also stayed at the Marriott Beach Club on Kauai on their pool is amazing. They just finished a remodel there as well. I would recommend both properties. Enjoy Hawaii!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...