4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2011 8:46 PM by tef6178 RSS

Does anybody know why the MVC owners of Spain/Europe are excluded from the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program ?

netfix Member
Currently Being Moderated
Does anybody know why the MVC owners of Spain/Europe are excluded from the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program ?
  • A: Does anybody know why the MVC owners of Spain/Europe are excluded from the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program ?
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Good Afternoon, netfix. The International Marriott Vacation Clubs are not included in the Destinations Club at this time. This is being worked on by Marriott Vacation Club, and we will be sure notify the appropriate owners once these properties are included. I hope this helps - thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Does anybody know why the MVC owners of Spain/Europe are excluded from the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program ?
    bazzap Platinum
    It is not just Spain/Europe which is excluded. For some reason, US, Europe and Asia are being managed as completely separate regions, with separate solutions rather than an integrated global solution. US has the MVCIDCP (Destinations Club Points) Program Europe currently has no Points Program Asia has the MVCIAP (Asia Pacific Points) Program All very confusing and unfortunately unhelpful for owners of all regions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

unhappycustome Platinum
    I am equally frustrated by the lack of ability to use Marriott points in Spain at MVC locations. Further, their AC acquisition also precludes you from using points there. Effectively, my almost 1M points are useless on a ten day trip to Spain. I plan on moving my points to another provider.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
    My understanding of the issue is this: The Vacation Clubs offering prior to the new "destinations program" provided members (owners) a 'deed' to complete the ownership status of the program upon completion of the purchase. The Destinations Program only gives a share, not a deed. Timeshare ownership is regulated by countries and states. If a country requires a timeshare ownership stake be completed with deeded rights, then the Destinations Program cannot be sold because it does not provide for issuance of a deed to an owner on purchase. That's my take on it from discussions with the St. Thomas folks. Hope this helps.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...