10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2010 2:20 PM by suess7 RSS

I am going to Paris at the end of the month? any preferences I should be looking for at Marriotts there? any suggestions

tcandy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am going to Paris at the end of the month? any preferences I should be looking for at Marriotts there? any suggestions of which specific hotel I should stay at

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • A: I am going to Paris at the end of the month? any preferences I should be looking for at Marriotts there? any suggestions
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Go to the MI section on Paris! You will see a lot of choices depending upon your desires and needs. If you want to do it really right stay at the Marriott C-E! Unforgettable!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: I am going to Paris at the end of the month? any preferences I should be looking for at Marriotts there? any suggestions
    redwood Platinum 5 Reviews
    the Rive Gauche has great sized rooms and a very good CL open 7 days, but is not in such a central location, albeit it is right on metro line 6

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews
    I went to Paris last year and stayed on the left bank--my report follows Jerry Morgan, ProfChiara and New Hilton Member each of you provided trips on Paris before I traveled there for my first ever trip to Paris. Each of you should go into the Travel Business! Thanks! I spent five nights in the Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel, 17, boulevard Saint-Jacques. The rooms are small but nice and the hotel is very quite. The cost is much less expensive than the Marriott’s Champs-Elysees property (we visited the C-E property, nice!) It is an easy ride on the RER from CDG Airport on the B line to the Denfert Rochereau Station and then proceed to the hotel. You can switch to the # 6 Metro (green) line and exit at the St.Jacques or Glaciere Stations (the hotel is between the two stations)—however, it is easy to walk (down hill) 5 minutes to the hotel from Denfert Rochereau. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful! There are several fine restaurants within walking of the hotel or a one or two metro stop ride. All of Paris is within easy reach by the Metro or RER. I would stay at the property again. Jerry, as you suggested I bought a “Paris Visite” 5 day 6 zone pass which worked on all forms of transportation. The two day museum pass is nice also. New Hilton Member, at your suggestion, we attended one of the many! free musical performances over the weekend, the one we attended was in the square at the Denfert Rochereau RER station-great. We visited Versailles, Arch de Triumph, Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Boat on the Seine, Les Cars Rouges sightseeing bus, Basilique de Sacre-Coeur (some interesting streets and shops getting up the hill to the Sacre-coeur!) My three favorite restaurants within walking of the hotel were: 1. La Closerie des Lilas 171, boulevard du Montparnasse (come to think of it I may have taken RER B from Denfert Rochereau to Port Royal Station for this place); 2. Le Pavillon Montsouris 20, rue Gazan (super food $$$$ beside a small lake located in a park where I ran in the mornings) and 3. Au Petit Marquery 9, boulevard de Port Royal (excellent food service a little slow at times). This is my report to you three and thanks for your help in making this the best.

• A: A: I am going to Paris at the end of the month? any preferences I should be looking for at Marriotts there? any suggestions
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    I just returned from the Champs Elysee property yesterday. I first stayed there in 2007 and it's still fabulous. This time I got an "executive" room (508) and it was huge by European standards. The free breakfast for Elite's is still the best in town. Now if only my wife could duplicate those scrambled eggs.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
    The Marriott on the Champs-Elysee is a great property. Great size to the rooms and bathrooms are elegant. Location provides an easy walk to many of the sights. Have a great trip!

• A: A: I am going to Paris at the end of the month? any preferences I should be looking for at Marriotts there? any suggestions
    Mike, I could not agree more on the breakfast at CE! Wow, it is the best in town! I also want to recommend La Defense Ren. when I am on a week-end or lower budget. This place is so easy to get to by metro and is really a great value. Judge, great directions and feedback, that should help many people who may think getting around is more difficult than it really is! All of the Marriott properties have some unique qualities. Enjoy!

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    Jerry, I was a bit disappointed this time around because they apparently got rid of the crepes. Back then I fixed myself the best raspberry crepes I've ever had. But don't worry, I didn't starve.

gregdallastx Platinum 4 Reviews
    I echo that the Marriott C-E is fantastic. Across the street is Ladurée – 75 Av. des Champs-Elysées – we had breakfast there and don’t forget to stock up on the macaroons. Musee d’Orsay – the best of the best! I could live in there. If I could only visit one museum, this would be it. Marmaton – Near the Muette Metro stop on Avenue Raphael. They have a big Monet collection, including “Impression Sunrise” for which the movement was named. Orangerie – In the Tuilleries park, near Place de la Concorde. This is where the Monet water lily rooms are. Restaurant Paul – This is the small family place on the isle de la Cite. Look for Place Dauphine on the very western tip of the island (near Pont Neuf) it’s on the south side of the square. Vaudeville – A brasserie directly across from the Paris Bourse on Rue Vivienne. Nicer than most of the brasseries in more touristy areas. Caters to a business crowd. Day Trip – I’d consider Reims. Beautiful gothic cathedral and Champagne tour country. Have a great trip!

Mike, you're making me hungry! I normally do not eat eggs benedict, but CE has the best in the world! Off menu, but still comped to Platinums. Greg, what a great report! Lauderee is great, plus The Alsace across from the CE is a great place to dine and people watch. just past it is Cafe Andre, great for frog legs!

suess7 Platinum
    I've tried two locations in Paris; the Marriott Rive Gauche and La Parc Trocadero. Both are excellent hotels and the rooms were very nice European traditional. Overall, the Rive Gauche is a nicer property - larger, full restaurant, gym, etc. La Parc Trocadero is in a better location. If I had a car and was spending more time in the hotel, I'd pick the Rive Gauche. If I was on foot/Metro and was minimizing my time in the hotel, I'd pick La Parc Trocadero

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...