6 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2013 8:50 AM by eb5147 RSS

Does anyone have any info on Warsaw, Poland and the rest of Poland?

midnight Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Does anyone have any info on Warsaw, Poland and the rest of Poland?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Poland
  • A: Does anyone have any info on Warsaw, Poland and the rest of Poland?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Having stayed at the Warsaw Marriott various times it is a grand place! Across from the train station, you can get to Krakow very easily. The hospitality of Poland is very nice. The food is very good and if you can go to Old Warsaw and so many places to visit there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does anyone have any info on Warsaw, Poland and the rest of Poland?
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I just got an e-mail with a video of a church in Poland.

Inside of a 350 year old Wooden Church in Poland. It is amazing that this church survived both World Wars!!! 

Use your mouse to pan around and up and down. Then zoom in and look at areas and objects within inches for minute details.

WAIT FOR IT TO SELF-FOCUS.

This old wooden church in southwest Poland is beautiful & amazing artwork. Use pointers at bottom to see the whole church interior details (also full screen). It must have taken years to construct such a beautiful church.. the art work & ceiling even longer.

midnight,

Having worked in Warsaw and Krakow, I can't say enough good things about Poland and the wonderful people there.  I would fly LOT from Chicago (I have heard Chicago has more Poles than Warsaw!) and would always enjoy the diverse crowd on the plane.  LOT shares a building in Warsaw with a very nice Marriott.  The CL is nice and there was a comfortable "Champions" Sports type Bar that you could get nice Western food.

The best place to dine was "The Polish Inn" in Warsaw.  It was fabulous food.

Lastly, I would recommend having at least a cocktail at The Bristol Hotel.  It is a lovely and historic place to see.  The Museums are wonderful and language is NOT a problem for English speaking people.

Try not to miss Krakow as well!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I realize this is an old post, but having just gotten an e-mail on a fabulous salt mine in Poland, I looked up the original site so I could post the url.

http://www.kuriositas.com/2011/08/wieliczka-salt-mine-astounding.html

eb,

There is never an "Old Post" when it comes to one of my favorite countries, Poland! 

Am not Polish, but what a great value when traveling to a new location.  The food is great, and The Marriott in Warsaw is wonderful.  Just don't try to keep up with them on the Vodka, you will loose!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...