3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2011 4:30 PM by profchiara RSS

Does Marriott in Greece tack on extra Charge card fees when checking out?

joestrip Member
Currently Being Moderated
Being told that Greece is a cash society and high fee added to final bill at hotel checkout if I use my credit instead of cash to pay. Does Marriott Hotel in Greece also do this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Athens, Greece
  • A: Does Marriott in Greece tack on extra Charge card fees when checking out?
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    No, absolutely not. The Athens Ledra is very professional and my experience there was wonderful. I had no problems using credit cards in Greece. ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does Marriott in Greece tack on extra Charge card fees when checking out?
    unrewarded Platinum 3 Reviews

I stay about one month throught out the year in the Ledra Marriott and No they do not add any additional charges for using a credit card.  A very professional group.  G. Sligh

• Re: Does Marriott in Greece tack on extra Charge card fees when checking out?
      profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Agreed on all points -- I have stayed at the Athens Ledra twice and will again in January and it is one of the best Marriotts in the world (along with the Ghent Marriott).  It's beyond professional. They are all about courtesy, caring about their customers, and doing everything they can to make your stay wonderful.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...