8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2010 10:29 PM by 07090traveler RSS

Any suggestions on the best Marriott to stay for a romantic tropical vacation? Looking to use marriott rewards points.

kcrew23 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Any suggestions on the best Marriott to stay for a romantic tropical vacation? Looking to use marriott rewards points.

• A: Any suggestions on the best Marriott to stay for a romantic tropical vacation? Looking to use marriott rewards points.
    fltravel13 Silver
    We just booked using points for a resort in Costa Rica, Los Suenos. Not going until end of July, but looks really nice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Any suggestions on the best Marriott to stay for a romantic tropical vacation? Looking to use marriott rewards points.
    averagejoe40 Platinum
    I have stayed at a few of the Marriott Resorts in the caribbean and can offer you my perceptions... Aruba-very nice resort, great beach. Not alot to do in Aruba but enjoy the beach! St. Thomas-probably my favorite Marriott...the views from the hotel are quite extraordinary, everyone gathers on the patio in the evenings to watch the sunset and the cruise ships leaving, very romantic. Lots to do in St. Thomas also, including day sails to other islands. Small but nice private beach with grill/bar. Cancun-stayed at the CasaMagna Marriott there last Sept. We had the whole place to ourselves! It was almost eerie...Really nice property, had the old school look and feel to it. Not much beach left in front of the hotel, but that is typical for most of the resorts in Cancun. The pool was fabulous and the restaurants were far better than other Marriotts. The staff was overboard on service and seemed to really want us to have a good time. Hope this helps!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

familytime Platinum
    We have stayed at the Marriotts in Maui 3 times,they both have wonderful service, the pools are great and the views cannot be beat. I definitely recommend them for a romantic getaway!

shirley164 Gold
    I just returned from a trip to the Renaissance Aruba (Marina Hotel - adult only). My daughter and I traveled there for a quiet get away to celebrate her making deans list this semester in college. The hotel is very nice, but the staff are exceptional!!!! We had a medical crisis when we first arrived and were put in touch with a doctor immediately and within 30 minutes we had picked up our prescription at the local pharmacy and were back on track for a wonderful vacation. Pool bar and pool area are magnificent. Restaurant staff were very nice and remembered us each morning. My husband and I are booked at the Marriott in Curacao for our anniversary in June and after returning from the Renaissance Aruba I wished I could change my plans. Someday soon I plan on returning to the very romantic (adult only) marina hotel, Renaissance in Aruba!!!!

kimo56 Platinum
    The Ihilani, JW Marriott on Oahu, HI is a quiet location away from the city. If you like to watch sunsets and walks on or along the beach, this loction will fit the bill. Secluded some 20 miles from the big city life of Honolulu / Waikiki, it is a very relaxing place. The only down side to this location at the moment is that Disney is builing a new resort next door. Recommend using points or pay the extra for an Ocean View room.

bankergal Gold
    We loved St Kitts, quiet and personal St Thomas, great shopping and great bars at the resort, loved pool bar bingo, spectacular view, rainbows and all, super private beach for togetherness. Just returned from Aruba, loved it used points for the all inclusive, this is a very busy spot (Stellaris) GREAT HOTEL, but very busy

alwaysaruba Gold
    I have stayed at both the Marriott and the Renaissance in Aruba. I would agree with the recommendation for the Marriott on the Tradewinds floor. If you are looking to just relax on the beach and be treated right it is the way to go. If you want to be closer to the downtown shopping then the Renaissance may be right for you. Also Renaissance Island is very nice, but you do have to take the boats to get to it.

07090traveler Platinum 1 Reviews
    My wife and I loved the Marriott in Curacao. Very laid back, great beach and pool. Had a rental car for the week and enjoyed being able to experience the downtown area and all the resturants at our liesure. Pool side resturant and bar were great for lunch. Very friendly people. We have traveled extensively and still look back the Curacao Marriott as our favorite place when traveling as a couple. (Kids would be bored).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...