4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2011 12:52 PM by Guest RSS

Using points could only get 2 nites Rome Mariott Park then 2 nites at Courtyard Rome Central. Which is better should I stay all 4 at Courtyard?

joestrip Member
Currently Being Moderated
Staying 2 nights Rome Marriott Park then 2 nights @ Courtyard Rome Central. Which is better should I stay all 4 nights at Courtyard?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Italy
  • A: A: Using points could only get 2 nites Rome Mariott Park then 2 nites at Courtyard Rome Central. Which is better should I stay all 4 at Courtyard?
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    Hi Joestrip, Glad to see you made it here (I'm the person on Fodors who pointed you here). Of the 2 choices, I'd recommend staying 4 nights at the Courtyard. Granted, it is not in an ideal siteseeing location but it is closer than the Marriott Park Hotel. And, you wouldn't lose any time in changing hotels midway through. As I mentioned on Fodors, there is an hourly shuttle to Ottaviano St. Peter's metro stop (but be there early as it can fill up and you're stuck for another hour). And there is a nearby train station. If you have the points and if it is available, I'd recommend the Grand Flora, a much better location for siteseeing. Do a search here on 'Rome' for forum entries that others have posted. Have a wonderful trip! And, by the way, I apologize for the state of mess that this Insider's site is in currently. Apparently, Marriott recently contracted with a new vendor to host the site and they have made a terrible mess of it and went 'live' long before it was fully tested.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Using points could only get 2 nites Rome Mariott Park then 2 nites at Courtyard Rome Central. Which is better should I stay all 4 at Courtyard?
    kurtphx Platinum 3 Reviews
    I just stayed 4 nights at Courtyard Central Park, and it was a great experience. Their shuttle is inexpensive and convenient, even though it only runs hourly. You can easily walk to the train station (but generally have to change from the train to the subway - but not a big deal). The staff was great, service was excellent. I'd encourage you to read others comments on Marriott Park. You will not find many people with anything posotive to say. You can't go wrong with Courtyard Central Park. I go to Rome frequently and had no complaints.

• A: Using points could only get 2 nites Rome Mariott Park then 2 nites at Courtyard Rome Central. Which is better should I stay all 4 at Courtyard?
    kennyc Platinum 3 Reviews
    Stay at the Flora. We stayed in April for 5 nights. Perfect location in Rome. Litttle family restaurant around the corner facing the park is great.

Depends on how many points you want to use. The Flora is a much better and convenient location but if you don't mind bus rides then the Courtyard is just fine. The Flora has a rooftop lounge for breakfast and drinks and can save you lots of food money and the view is very nice. Not sure but they might still be running the stay 4 nights and get the 5th night free. So if they are, and you can stay 5 nights in Rome, you should only stay at one property.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...