7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2010 8:45 PM by jlajhb RSS

What greeting do you get when you arrive at a hotel and show your Marriott Rewards card?  I am keeping score.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
What greeting do you get when you arrive at a hotel and show your Marriott Rewards card? I am keeping score. I wonder how many associates understand elite levels and recognize them when they see Platinum Premiers, Life Platinum Elites, or other levels of loyalty?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • A: What greeting do you get when you arrive at a hotel and show your Marriott Rewards card?  I am keeping score.
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    This is an excellent question, the answers to which should be shared with Marriott Front Desk staff. I prefer a greeting, such as "good afternoon, welcome to the...Marriott." Instead I more often get, "Do you have a reservation?" I wonder why else would I be at the front desk of a Marriott. And then when I reply "yes" I hear, "name please." At that point they acknowledge the reservation and say would you just prefer the points (which I always do), hand me my room key and off I go. Very little welcoming conversation or acknowledgment of my loyalty to Marriott. I don't carry my Marriott Card with me since I've memorized my number and that's never caused a problem. The front desk encounter can make or break the whole experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: What greeting do you get when you arrive at a hotel and show your Marriott Rewards card?  I am keeping score.
    lesliepamel Platinum
    I have had some fabulous, warm and genuine greetings often with the associate thanking me for my continued loyalty to Marriott, and informing me that they have been able to offer me a room upgrade. Unfortunately, most of my visits have been welcomed by a "Oh, hello mate - your room's over there."

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
    well, I checked in tonite to a full line Marriott that I ave been staying at for 4 years. Last year 50+ nights, this year already 20+. My greeting was a distortion of my last name and NO MENTION of my status (even though it is clearly stated on my key jacket). sadly, I cannot remember any property in recent memory acknowledging my staus (platinum). In all fairness, I also have status w Hilton and they too fail to acknowledge that staus more often than not.

• A: A: What greeting do you get when you arrive at a hotel and show your Marriott Rewards card?  I am keeping score.
    flightdelayed Platinum 4 Reviews
    I have received free bottle of water, have been thanked for being a gold member, Most welcomes are friendly; I normally have to ask for an upgrade. Mostly it comes down to who is operating the hotel. It would be nice to hear, Mr. Soandso, i see you have stayed with us several times, glad to see you back. I reserved the best room we have and also have sent some water to your room. I hope you enjoy your stay let me know if there is anything else i can do for you. Ok OK , I know... but it can happen....it can right?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    My experience this year and today at a FF is: They have no idea nor acknowledge me. Hey, I am trying to keep jobs for people and myself when I pay premium prices to stay at Marriott properties. Could staff just say welcome and thank-you for being PP?

missgee Silver 40 Reviews
    It depends on the hotel. Sometimes I am welcomed warmly and my status acknowledged. Sometimes not. Very rarely have I received an automatic upgrade. In fact, with a few recent stays I have had to go back to Guest Services as the room I was provided was very inferior. Three times within the last few weeks, in fact. I find that a tad high. I would have to say that THE best service and accommodations I have ever received has been at the Victoria Marriott Inner Harbour on Vancouver Island in Canada. Other Marriotts can learn a thing or two from the staff there. I no longer show my Rewards card because the front desk staff either ignore it or request my name and a credit card instead. No idea why they do that because the name is right on the card and saves me having to spell it for them. It would be nice if they could just swipe the card to pull up the reservation.

jlajhb Platinum
    I have stayed almost 200 nights the past 18 months at the same Marriott property and they still don't know my name. I arrive they give me this blank look, ask me if I have a reservation, and ask me for my credit card. Same routine. But I have to admit I get the same response at Hilton when I go to another part of the state. I'm diamond status. So my score would be zero response. I have asked several of the staff at check-in, about the fact they can't remember my name. It is only a total of 6 letters and my last name is Lee. I guess they are not the sharpest knifes in the drawer. Best response in the past year was a Courtyard in Lima Ohio. The manager's eyes lit up when I handed him my Premier card. He was great! I have gone back just based on his reaction.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...