12 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2015 11:47 AM by fedupplt RSS

Has anyone been to any of the new hotels in the Autograph collection?

bpotter Member 13 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
Has anyone been to any of the new hotels in the Autograph collection? My Interest is the hotel in Taos.
  • A: Has anyone been to any of the new hotels in the Autograph collection?
    adamtesting3 Silver
    I have not, these hotels look really interesting. Let us know if you do stay at the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

webmanphil Platinum
    The Casa Monica in St. Augustine will take you back in time. Its decor and archtecture are fitting for the Oldest City. It is beautiful.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ccazador Platinum
    We stayed at the Bohemian Hotel in Celebration. We originally booked for 1 night and decided to add another night because the hotel was so great. The staff is awesome, the hotel is amazing, and the town is really cute/fun. We would love to go back and stay here again!!

• Re: Has anyone been to any of the new hotels in the Autograph collection?
    kndelta Member 7 Reviews

Sounds like a great location.  Please be sure to update us if you go!

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

I've been staying at these hotels for many years (way before I joined Marriott Rewards) and was delighted that they are now part of the M family.

The first one I visited was Casa Monico in St. Augustine, FL for 2 nights while we tried the waters from the Fountain of Youth.    Sad to say the water didn't do the trick, but the hotel was great!

Then we stayed at the Grand Bohemian in Orlando and was so impressed with the art collection, rooms, service, restaurant, etc. that webegan to  search out the Kessler Collection Hotels (now part of Autograph) when we traveled

Stayed at the Hotel Celebration and it was very Key Westy.

Stayed at the Mansion on Forsythe Park and the Bohemian Waterfront in Savannah.   Each very different but you can use the facilities at each when you stay at one.

The Grand Bohemian in Ashville, NC was a perfect place to stay when visiting the Biltmore Estate,    Absolutely Charming

Stayed at Turnberry Isle in Florida way before it was Autograph (Fantastic Property and golf course)

I live in NY so I stopped by to see the renovated Algonquin.    Was sorry to see that the cabaret has been closed and made into just a lounge/bar area.   Maybe they'll reconsider.

We just returned from Budapest, where we stayed at the Marriott, but went to see the Boscolo.     The hotel lobby and restaurant are magnificent, but the location is too busy, commercial for my tastes.   Much preferred the Marriott.

All in all, I will continue to frequent this line of hotels.     Overall they are superb and unique properties!

If anyone wants more info about any that I stayed at, let me know & I'll give more details.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

kroywen,

Nice reports on the Autographs. I'm thinking about staying at the Winter Haven on Miami Beach in Dec. Question: Do the Autographs have Concierge Lounges and do breakfasts in them as part of the Marriott program?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

II've only stayed in 2, but both were excellent.

THe Glasshouse In Edinburgh is a truly boutique hotel. No lounge but free continental breakfast, do pay the £5 upgrade to freshly cooked-to-order Scottish breakfast though. Great location just a few minutes walk from the train station.

The Budapest Boscolo is truly magnificent, rebuilt in the original New York cafe style, it'sand architectural gem , both inside and out. Again no lounge but free full breakfast in the New York Cafe. Unusually for Marriot, this hotel has a lot of suites so Golds and Plats stand a decent chance of a suite upgrade, as I did when I stayed for a week as a Gold member a couple of years ago.

I think the Autograph brand is an inspired idea, truly original hotels to earn and burn those points. Definitely NOT your cookie cutter Marriotts!

cwilliams313 Platinum

I would suggest due diligence as you would on any new hotel.  We stayed at one recently was pretty disappointed as it was not even close the Marriott standard.  I was hoping as others have mentioned above that it would be a new experience with a boutique/unique type hotel.  Let us know how it turns out.

mycatdixie Gold

I recently  returned from the Mauna  Kea  on the Big Island. We traveled  with another couple  and absolutely loved it.  We are in our 60's and it was just what we wanted. Beautifully decorated large rooms with large balconies,  custioned patio furniture with ottomans for leisurely watching the beach, and large, very well laid out baths.

We found it quiet  and relaxing in late April.  The staff was excellent  and we would definitely stay there again. If you are into huge, mega pools, this doesn't have one. It is more about their wonderful beach. You receive a lei geeting, which is actually not done at many hotels anymore.  You also receive  complimentary bottled water daily.  The food is expensive,  but most high end hotels anywhere compare to their prices. They have a nice shop that sells very reasonably priced snacks, drinks and sandwiches.

fedupplt Platinum 33 Reviews

As  stated, due diligence! Tripadvisor is a strong source for both positive and negative comments.

I have stayed at the Bohemian in Celebration and while this is in a quaint town with nice lake views, you should seriously consider NOT eating here. There are some phenomenal restaurants a short walk from the hotel

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...