0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2011 12:53 PM by loves2travel RSS

Marriott Dallas City Center

loves2travel Member
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Marriott Dallas City Center (Pearl St / Downtown) while on business.  This hotel has a lot to learn when it comes to customer service.  The hotel is undergoing major renovations, which should have been clearly defined on their website.  When I entered the hotel, my initial impression was that the cab driver had dropped me off at the service entrance, as it in no way appeared to be a hotel lobby.  When I entered my room, it smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and the a/c was not working.  The thermostat was set on 68, but it felt like it was closer to 80.  I stopped at the front desk on my way to dinner and asked them to have someone check the a/c and freshen the room while I was out.  Upon my return, the room was still warm; however, the thermostat was set on 60.  I resigned myself to deal with it the following day; however, a pipe burst in the toilet tank and flooded the bathroom.  I called the front desk and told them to move me to another room.  They then moved me to a room that was half the size and I advised the person that I was not happy as this room was not the quality or category that I had reserved and paid for.  He assured me that it was "the only available room in the hotel."  I told him I did not believe that.  As miracles would happen, not 10 minutes after he left the closet they put me in, the night manager called to tell me that a room on the 15th floor had "just become available".  Really, someone checked out and housekeeping prepared the room at 10:45pm?  Right.  I took them up on the offer to move me to the 15th floor, which was my 3rd time in 1 night to pack, unpack, & change rooms.  Not very relaxing.  Unfortunately, the room on the 15th floor was positioned next to the elevator bank, so no matter how exhausted I was at this point, I could not sleep as I listened to the elevator go up & down all night long and for the next 2 nights as well.  When I checked out I gave the front desk person 3 sets of room keys, yet she never asked why or offered any apology.  I can assure you that I will not stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to others, unless it is absolutely the only hotel left in Dallas.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dallas, Texas, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...