18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2011 10:53 AM by shoeman1000 RSS

New Website - Thumbs Down!

dawnygold Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am so disappointed with the new website.  I used to do everthing online, but now I can't find any of the information I need without navigating to several pages. 

For example, I want to see ALL my reservations in one place, not just 3 at a time.  I also want to see my cancellations.   It would also be nice to be able to see how my activity breaks out within the bonus category, but I can't figure that out.  I also can't figure out how to view activity any way other than monthly.

PLEASE give us back the old site! If not, please expland your customer service hours so I can call you when I'm in my hotel room at 10pm and need information that is no longer available on the website.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Website - Thumbs Down!
    nertes Platinum 4 Reviews

Agree with above. Also---it no longer states total number of lifetime nights, or the number of carry-over nights. What else was taken off?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I had liked seeing the Lifetime nights as well.  It's a peice of data that's easy to update, so unsure why it was taken away.

danield Platinum 3 Reviews

I agree totally with you.  i am really disappointd with the new website.  The previous site gave you so much information, while this new one is very limiting.  i want the old one back!

cw082350 Gold 2 Reviews

I agree too. So much less information. No complete listing of reservations for print out. No list of cancellations. Poor job Marriott!

keepontravelen Platinum 2 Reviews

Rollover and lifetime nights was a great feature. Bring it back.

istaytoomuch Platinum

Yes, it is awful.

No place to see, or find, CANCELLED reservations. I called tech support and the PP desk to see where they were. They werent even aware they were gone! The tech guy kept telling me where the link was, which I already knew.

It used to be so easy, to just see the list of active reservations, and then the cancelled ones. Airlines do it, other hotel sites do it, why did Marriott have to change?

Only being able to see one reservation at a time, with a crappy link to only two more is ridiculous.

IS ANYONE AT HQ listening to us? Can we just go back to the old site while they hire some decent web-guys?

canucktrvlr Platinum

I'm sorry but I have to disagree.  The website is clean, well organized and, it is an overview.  If I want to see details, I don't have a problem clicking on the details tab.

I am concerned though, that rollover seems to have disappeared.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

canuck,

I agree with you!

The more time I spend on the site the better I think it is.

kahunapremier Platinum

Agree, Marriott missed a great opportunity to add more important information to each profile. Fine if they didn't want to display it as default, BUT give us that as an option.

NOW I am forced to call and ask a lot more instead of seeing it online. Silly, please change this Marriott and give us the option to see what WE want to see-so full customization on our part

Need to see: LTS and difference we are to reaching that next level, how many nights so far and a break down of credits or not because right now I am lost as to what to use my credits for and can't even find them online anymore.

cfwill Platinum 10 Reviews

I agree that this is a poor redesign and one that is a step backward rather than forward.  I don't see any benefit and only negatives in the loss of information and the need to individually look up each reservation (the dates don's show up in the scrolling window) individually.  I guess it is OK if you have one reservation at a time...but then if you do you probaly are not using the website frequently as do heavy travelers.   I hope they see the drawbacks and bring back the old screens/options/infomation.

cfwill Platinum 10 Reviews

I agree that this is a poor redesign and one that is a step backward rather than forward.  I don't see any benefit and only negatives in the loss of information and the need to individually look up each reservation (only the check in date shows up in the scrolling window) individually.  I guess it is OK if you have one reservation at a time...but then if you do you probaly are not using the website frequently as do heavy travelers.   I hope they see the drawbacks and bring back the old screens/options/infomation.

denisethom1 Platinum

I want a reservation screen that shows ALL of my reservations at one time.  When you have 20 or so the new one is a pain.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Unfortunately, I have not seen very many good points about the new site. I am hoping the Scavenger Hunt will give me a better perspective on how to use this site. Because at this point, I like most others am very disappointed with the new site. You need to be a "Rocket Scientist" to understand the new site!!!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Just a note that I did find a way to at least see your total lifetime nights by doing the following:

Go to your account activity page and select the link to the left for "Last Tansaction".  When that page comes up, you will see a print options over on the right side of the page.  If you select print (even if you don't have a printer attached), you will see a print preview page.  Up towards the top left of the page you will see Total Nights Stayed.

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Thanks so much for sharing the fantastic tip, tryst53.  It worked for me.

wbmorris Platinum 11 Reviews

The current/re-desgined web site is not good.  It's hard to believe thet Marriott actually asked and/or had real customers in any focus group to obtain feedback on what customers like and would want for enhancements.  I'm in Marriott properties all the time and have never been asked for my feedback of the website nor invited by any other means to provide feedback.  The company could have unlimited access to feedback, by just setting up meetings in any Executive Lounge, as frequent travelers tend to very willing to provide their insights.    

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wbMorris

thanks for joining the community and commenting so soon after.  I'm curious why, as a new member, you are frustrated with the site.  For example, many of us who were active on the previous platform may have an opinion based on that experience, but you are apparently a new member and would not have experienced the simplicity of the past platform.  Could you be a bit more specific as to your frustration with the site?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...