8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2011 12:49 AM by tryt53 RSS

Done with Marroitt - walking way from PP and points

tom666 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So I’m writing to let you know how I feel about your brand today. Today marks the 3rd issue I have had with your properties and not received a response to my issue from the hotel. It is becoming clear that the decentralization of the organization has made it so the consistency of service that uses to be a corner stone of the Marriott brand has been lost.  It seems that any complaint that is received just gets dumped in the trash bin and the corporate help line is completely neutered and only good to make a reservation but not resolve problems at that moment not days or weeks or never.

My issues: 1. Visit to Ridgecrest property – I was charged the smoking charge. I called the front desk and told them I did not smoke in the room. I was told someone one would get back to me. The resolution never heard back from the hotel. If you look at the other 77 nights that I have stayed at your hotel properties you will see this has never been an issue – plus I do not smoke. 2. Washington Dullas airport property – I filled out the complaint form at the bar. My hamburger and fries were cold. The bartender was indifferent and I couldn’t even get him to give me a bit more water. It was not terribly busy and I was not trying to be demanding, I just grab something to eat and leave – I had an early morning flight and wanted to just go to bed. When I ordered an ice cream to go, I left and when I got to my room there was not spoon or napkins – really!? What happen to attention to detail Marriott was so famous for. Oh the remodel of bar – really we waited that long for that??? So was there any resolution to the complaint for that I signed and provide contact information – nothing not even and email say you got it. 3. LA Downtown property.  I sent my son there on my points. He thought he was going to stay an extra night – he let the desk know that he was not going to stay the extra night.  So he now was two chargers for two nights. What happen to the rewards night and why was he charged the second night. I called customer service and I was flat told that I would have to deal with the hotel directly and I could not deal with it until Monday. You assume I have nothing else better to do than wait for someone to call me back. Why have a customer service when they can’t do anything except send a message that will get ignored anyway.

I’m reached a point where I just no longer care life is too short to deal with low standards. There are number of other brands that would love to have my business. I have spent my last night in a Marriott and like every other email or form I have filled out this will get put in the trash bin as well. Oh and my son who at 20 travels more than I do internationally, who could have been a second generation Marriott user is done with your brand as well – so this is costing you not only a current user but a individual who would probably be a 40 years user.

• Re: Done with Marroitt - walking way from PP and points
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Tom666, I hope that someone at Marriott reads this and gets in touch with you as soon as possible. Seems as if there is a conspiracy to deny you even a modicum of service that you certainly deserve.

The issues you've described are ones that I hope never to experience. It would be a shame for you to jettison Marriott Rewards but given what has happened I would not blame you for leaving, unless they reach out to you and soon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks, having said that, I really do not believe there is a conspiracy - that would mean the voices in my head are right .

No its worse to me it’s a large decentralized organization where the standards are no longer being maintained. I remember a time where I could call customer service and get most of this taken care of, this is no longer the case. Control is being turned over to individual properties and customer service is meaningless. you see it in as premium marginized. as a EP I should automatically get upgraded it does not happen unless I ask and even then it does not necessarily happen. With one exception and that is at the Germantown MD Fairfield that I have stay for days, weeks on end for years. That service has been and continue to be consistent. But I have a relationship with all of the staff members. but when I stay some place casually I’m just some guy who shows up for the evening or couple of days.

Nope, in my opinion it’s a slow downward spiral to motel 6 levels - kidding not sure it will get that bad... but the erosion is clearly occurring. When hotel properties can and do ignore complaints with no consequences from corporate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Tom666, you bring an excellent point to this discussion:  since most Marriott's are franchised and are expected to meet a level of quality in order to carry the Marriott name, I wonder on which quality points they are graded?  Certainly the issues of cleanliness, working room amenities, and public spaces are on that list of things to watch.  But is customer appreciation as well?  Seems to me that recognizing long time loyalty folks (like you) is something that should be considered in allowing a Hotel carry the name of Marriott.

Only time will tell, and unless there's n unauthorized leak at corporate we will never know what place customer appreciation and recognition plays in hotel effectiveness.

• ReduxRe: Done with Marroitt - walking way from PP and points

Its good to report the bad as well as the good - someone paid attention. All of my issues have been address by each of the properties. Now we'll see if there is follow through on a couple of last issues. I just wish they all would have been dealt with on the spot.

tom

• Re: ReduxRe: Done with Marroitt - walking way from PP and points
      tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I'm glad to hear you are getting some resolution.  It is important for people like us who are working up to the Platinum Level to know that it may actually be worth it when we get there!

dobb Platinum

Can I have your points?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Tom,

I'm with dobb, if you are just walking away, no need to let those points go unused....share the wealth my frustrated friend.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...