7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2012 10:31 PM by kayjbee RSS

WHY do I want to be a Platinum Premier Rewards Member?

browell Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It's bad enough that I lost rollover nights when I suddenly became a Platinum Premier member last year (over 150 nights, rolled over 12),  it's bad enough that in 9 months I have seen NO - ZERO - ZILCH benefit for being a PP.

As an example I checked into the Atlanta Airport Renaissance and not only didn't get my status acknowledged, after I made sure they had my Rewards number, didn't even get Concierge level (house was about half full).

Now, to top it off, Marriott Rewards Insider ask me to complete a survey, I do and one of the last questions is about my membership level...... nope, no place for Platinum Premier ......  Maybe it doesn't exist ..... just a figment of my imagination .......

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: WHY do I want to be a Platinum Premier Rewards Member?
    makattack Platinum 3 Reviews

You are correct, I'm gold, you are in better level, & Regarding domestic traveling in USA, I do agree with you 100% .

However you will be treated better international, in several countries I visited, even I'm gold not PP like you I get the following:

1-free internet.

2-free lounge for executive members, free snak on check inn.

3-free breakfast,

4-Everynight 2 waters in my room.

5-Night snak, and drinks free up to 8:30 pm.

6-And this is the best I get upgrade to suite level every now and then if it is available..

I use and reserve Marriott only for international, rest of my nights in USA I use priority club for Holiday inn, Platnuim Member which gives me better use of my $$ in USA, room upgrade, free breakfast, but for international no measure..Marriott is very good to me, with my gold level.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Great treatment and acknowledgement of PP status abroad is wonderful - for those who travel internationally. I, for one, do not, so I must "seek out my perks" within the USA. Needle in a haystack scenario.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I think you're probably right, Pingreeman, but both Platinum and Platinum Elite are almost always (after last July I need to qualify that statement) treated much better overseas.  I think it's partially the culture that the hospitality business is an important lifetime profession there rather than a job till you get a better one, as it often is in the U.S.

ProfChiara

tom666 Platinum 1 Reviews

free internet - at the Washington Dullas property you do not get free internet.

speaking of the WD property - have you ever had the food at the concerige level its stale and it would be a complement to say it was bad - its beyond bad. facts are all of the concerige food seems like its the left overs from the resteraunt that is about to go bad. you know get one more use before throwing it out

browell Platinum

And I get those perks for being PLATINUM.  That's my question, What does Platinum PREMIER add to the equation?   I have asked at over 50 different hotels, admittedly mostly Fairfields, Courtyards, Residence Inns and such.

They all say the exact same thing "Same as Platinum here, maybe you get more at the Deluxe Brands".   But as I pointed out, the Ren at ATL is not a low rate place, yet there I didn't even get put at the club level, on a slow night.

I lost rollover nights, so far THAT'S the only "Benefit" I've seen from PP status.

mawtx Gold

Well I guess the trend continues. I just returned home from the AAReniaasance and had the same experience as a Gold Member.

At check in they told me "club level" was full, so I said no problem I would return that evening. The agent promised me that she

would hold my upgraded room for me. When I returned that evening to check-in all of sudden it was still full and they stuck me on a normal floor.(Property seemed to be booked at 50%)

Yes, they also didnt recoginize my status or make me feel welcome on check in. To top it off on departure I left a new pair of gym shorts and tee-shirt in the dresser drawer-as soon as I called the hotel to claim.....my items were never found, hum?

I like the property and location, the staff needs to go for new training.

kayjbee Platinum

Dude, its the same. Maybe you get silver Hersey kisses at some for being silver and gold ones for Gold. Sometimes you might get a letter from the manager, but that happens less. I am PP and I dont get any extra or extended "props". They want to to feel special by having a title, but there is little to no difference and they don't care either.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...