3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2012 3:34 PM by erc RSS

Marriott Wardman Park - Washington, DC

legionboy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a platinum member and my usual business stay hotel in DC is the Marriott Wardman Park.

Looking for tips and advice on how to make the most of my platinum status during my frequent visits there.

I usually get treated very well by the staff. It's a big convention center hotel with 3 towers (and currently condos being built on the property). Located right by the Woodley Park metro stop. It has a fairly decent gym with saunas in the men/women's lockerooms open 24-hours. Concierge Lounge is fairly good.

I'm usually offerred an Executive Suite but prefer taking the Junior Suite. The Executive Suite only has one window in the bedroom which means no natural light in the main room. This is why I prefer the Junior Suite because it gets natural light in both rooms but it's smaller. For one guy, how much room do I really need?

Your advice and tips for making the most out of platinum status?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington, District Of Columbia, USA
  • Re: Marriott Wardman Park - Washington, DC
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Speak personally with the Hotel's GM and his staff. I did this at the Santa Clara (CA) Marriott to recognize exceptional Associates and once to suggest a correction to a minor problem with Lounge access.

Staying there about 100 nights a year gave me an advantage over all but a few other guests but I was able to personalize my visits by speaking with the front office directly.

Most GMs interact well with frequent guests but you normally have to make the first move.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

robertrenaud Platinum

I stayed at the Wardman Park at least half a dozen times a year until recently.  

The hotel is huge and is in a great location, but I have stopped going for several reasons.  First, it really is a conference hotel, so if there are a lot of rooms booked, facilities are open.  Otherwise the hotel shuts down key facilities.  I have, for example, never been in the concierge lounge.  Also several restaurants, such as Harry's Pub, are rarely open.  Second, when there is low occupancy, the hotel does not honor reservations.  For example, I had a reservation on paper for an executive suite.  When I checked in the front desk staff told me that due to low occupancy these accommodations were not available.  In my view when I have a written commitment, it needs to be honored.  I have to say that on various occasions the front desk staff have been exemplary, but it all depends on the luck of the draw on who you get.    I like suspense, but not when I check into a hotel. 

Clearly, I like the hotel and have been loyal to it.  However, the Wardman Park could care less about my business, so I am more than willing to try alternatives. 

erc Platinum

Thanks for the posting. I was intending to stay here New Year's Eve using the Marriott Reward special offer rate of $103 (a great rate) and then hit the zoo the next day. But if everything is shut down (specifically the concierge lounge) and it's a ghost town, what fun is that (good thing I avoided the $99 pre-paid)?  This is valuable input, thanks for taking the effort.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...