Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2011 2:43 PM by ankingspeech RSS

Insiders Changes

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I know I'll be in a distinct minority here, but I actually really like the new parts of the site that have been rolled out.  When I went to my upcoming reservations this morning I saw that while I was already planning to stay at the Central Park Marriott in Rome over Thanksgiving that there was now a get one night free plus breakfast (it's a Courtyard after all) for a stay of four days that included a weekend, so I saved a considerable amount of money without having to check separately on promotions.

Also the rest of the new site has not yet appeared.  The Insiders page will be different with groups.  Versel and I have seen some of it and while it will take getting used to, I like what I've seen.

For those of us Oldtimers, we remember April a few years back and what a shock to the system it was.  Feel free to say I told you so, curse me, throw tomatoes at me over cyberspace or whatever if you disagree strongly once the whole new site is up, which should be in the next week or so.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Insiders Changes
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ProfChiara, et al

I, for one, hope you are right.  I must say that I am disappointed in the information that has been "stricken from the record" so to speak, as well as unsure of the new layout, but nonetheless hopeful that some day soon I will come to believe that this change is good.  If not, I will, of course, but one of its loudest critics.  Time will tell.

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I guess I see progress in terms of moving forward.

Traxo, for example, presents a better overview of my travel memberships and loyalty program than the new Marriott.com does.

I am willing to adopt a wait and hope attitude that the new new site will be a step forward. So far what I've seen is not.

ankingspeech Silver

like you, I quite like the new site too.

It's clean, tidy, easy on the eye and really quite intuitive to use

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...