7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2011 12:47 PM by anadyr RSS

The i-google experience versus Marriott.com

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Having been tapped by Google (as were many others) to field test new ideas, I am a "homer" for their innovative ideas.

To whit:  i-Google, the one page customizable to my needs launched a couple years back.  Why can't Marriott adopt a similar approach--making each visitor able to select those items they want and not have the rest?  Google's customer base is easily as large as Marriott's and most likely a hundred times greater, so this is not that hard to do.

So, why not have an i-Marriott welcome page that (for my needs) would have only the following information:

• Nights stayed this year
  • Nights needed to renew status
  • Bonus and rollover nights (as a drop down menu)
  • Years in Program (including elite tier by tier)
  • Accumulated points earned since joining and used.
  • Hotel specific information and weather based on future stays
  • Peek links to MR Insiders (new posts for my subscriptions or posts) similar to the gmail inbox feature in i-Google.
  • Other customizable links that I may need.

This would make Marriott.com very usable for me and many other mega-users.

Any comments?

• Re: The i-google experience versus Marriott.com
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ss

I have never used google and wonder if my life is any less "complete"?  As far as a personalized homepage for Marriott, while supporting it whole-heartedly, I guess the only question would be how does Marriott personalize it while maintaining all the necessary corporate propaganda on the page?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Very easily.  Targeted ads, the lifeblood of Google-dom, pop up (and are easily erased with Ad-Bloc).  Best of both worlds, I would think.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

thanks for the response.  sounds like it is an easy adjustment.  of course, seems to me Marriott has no interest in our opinions.....

Bingo!

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Seems like reasonable requests that you have stated, and it's data that is easy to cone by.  It's also data that all of us would want to know and would like updates on.

danield Platinum 3 Reviews

I agree 100% with you.  The question; is anyone at Marriott listening?

I hope they are listening and formulating a response--the new look is generating a lot of buzz, and not that favorable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...