Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 7:04 PM by anadyr RSS

(un)Focus(ed) groups

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A lot of the problems with the new look in the "My Account" section could have been rectified with a series of focus groups with actual users of all stripes: power and otherwise.  Now we've got a slightly awkward interface that seems not to meet our needs.

Anyone else feel that way?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: (un)Focus(ed) groups
    superchief1 Platinum

+1

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

What problems with the My Account section are you talking about exactly? 

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

This thread came up as "active" this morning because I archived it - it was originally from September 2011.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

ok, thank you.  I do remember when the my account section changed sometime back, but wasn't aware of any recent changes.  thanks for the clarification.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Love the thread title!

GABill Platinum

Hi Gem,

Maybe it did some good also. There are focus groups in Marriott, now. I know because I am in one of them.  So maybe there is some listening going on by thye Executive branch.

B

Hi GABill,

Am curious to know more about the focus groups!

Any insights?

GABill Platinum

I don't have a lot of information, as it is an online advisory group. A little over four years ago, Marriott asked if I would share my opinions on certain new ideas that they would consider bringing out. Occasionally they send me an online invitation to review something new and comment, then they send me a revised item to review, etc...

They reward me with points and/or a night's stay (1-5). It happens approx two or three times a year. The one that took the most reviews is the current first page of the sign-on to the web-site, and how the interleaving topic submenus should work.

Hope that helps.

Bill

Interesting!

Was getting it confused with the Innovation Sparks I think.

Oldie but goodie--who was this Stepping Stpnes character anyway?

He was already in the ether before I arrive on the scene, allegedly monitoring threads and occassionly responding.

I have read his threads in the historical postings which is very interesting.  You can really see the changes, and growth that more active MI participants have gone through on this site.  And there is some really great travel information buried in this old threads.  Have tried to index some of it.

Great idea to datamine the old posts.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

You, right?  :-)

Me? Si!

Welcome back.    Any more books coming?  I haven't read them, but I like intrigue, so I've been planning on it.  Just on the computer or traveling too much to read even the books I have.  

Yes one was published in 2012 (The Reunion) and the other recently (Anadyr) both are print and Kindles (Kindle reads are free if you are an Amazon Prime member). Thanks for asking.

How about on Nook?

I have a Nook!

I realized later that your new handle had to do with a book name.    That's smart!!!  We already knew you were that, though. 

Self promotion is my middle (in this case) first name

Maybe don't know but my publisher does. I will check.

when I complain at B&N they always refer me to the publishing company, as they have tole me numerous times, it all depends on whether the they first wish to provide an electronic version, and second whether it will be kindle, nook or both.

It is available, send me a direct if you need to know more

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...